|“||Jefferson Starships... because they're horrible and hard to kill.||”|
To combat Crowley's attacks on her children, Eve decided to turn every human into a monster, thus making every soul on Earth her property. To do this she settled in a town and began building the ultimate monster. Her first creations attacked a club, and started infecting others.
Since Dean Winchester was the one who discovered these creatures, Bobby Singer told him that he should get to name them. Dean Winchester named them after the band formed in the early 1970s. He stated that his reason was "Because they're horrible and hard to kill."
Eve's first Jefferson Starships were weak, and although they possessed powers, the newly created monsters quickly burned themselves out, leading to her continuing to improve them, until she came up with what she believed to be the near the ultimate beast with the powers of many of her children, and extra intelligence, cunning and strength.
The several posing as cops, Starships captured Bobby, Sam Winchester and Castiel, however upon seeing a retinal flare in a screen, Sam realized what they really were, and a skirmish began between the hunters and the starships, Dean arrived, and discovered the starships weakness.
They managed to capture one, and through him they managed to track down Eve. However, the hunters were captured by Eve and her other Starships. Eve later on revealed that one of the children the hunters rescued earlier from the starships was actually 'the perfect beast'.
The species was apparently completely wiped out by Castiel with help from Crowley's demons, as such they are extinct.
Being made to be the ultimate beast, the Jefferson Starship was described by its mother, as intelligent, cunning, and strong. They were exceptionally good at passing as regular people and could avoid being detected by common hunter methods. As a result, Sam and Dean Winchester were unable to tell that a child they were traveling with was a Starship, until Eve told them he was.
They were also shown to be highly aggressive, immediately after becoming a Starship, the person would attack others, unlike other recently turned monsters they showed no moments of confusion or uncertainty, no signs of any surviving humanity, all was gone, and simply a monster remained.
Powers and Abilities
Built to be the ultimate monsters, the Jefferson Starships possess the powers of many monsters.
- Super Strength - Jefferson Starships are considerably stronger than humans. They can easily throw a full-grown man across a room.
- Invulnerability - They can only be killed by decapitation with a silver knife, ripping their hearts out or angelic light.
- Super Speed - They can move at approximately the same speed as vampires.
- Super Agility - Are more agile than normal humans.
- Super Stamina - Starships don't tire; however, they still require sustenance.
- Fangs - They have sharp, retractable fangs like vampires, which they use to attack.
- Spikes - They have extendable spikes concealed in their wrists, like wraiths.
- Shapeshifting - They can assume the form of human beings, like Shapeshifters.
- Infectious Bite - Like werewolves, they can turn humans into Starships by biting them.
- Regeneration - One was able to heal the bite that turned him seconds after he turned.
Much like their powers, as hybrids, Jefferson Starships share weaknesses with other monsters.
- Decapitation - Dean and Castiel were able to kill them by cutting their head off.
- Retinal Flare - Like shapeshifters, they have a retinal flare when filmed.
- Angels - Castiel was able to easily obliterate all the Starships in the diner after he got his powers back.
- Heart Extraction - Crowley's demons killed two starships by ripping their hearts out through their chests.
- Death's Scythe - Can kill anything.
- Demons - Crowley's demons overpowered the starships by ripping their hearts out with their bare hands.
- Cop (deceased)
- Unnamed Jefferson Starships (deceased)
- Ryan Silver (complete Starship, deceased)
- Joe Silver (complete Starship, deceased)
- Silver Brothers' Uncle (deceased)
- Several unnamed people (complete Starships, all deceased)
- Ed Bright (failed Starship, deceased)
- Marshall Todd (failed Starship, deceased)
- Three unnamed friends of Ed (failed Starships, all deceased)
- Dean Winchester (cured)