This article is about a subject that is from official sources but is not considered canon.
Jakkals are carrion-eating scavengers and worshipper of Anubis. They appear humanoid, with brownish complexion. Like werewolves, they also possessed fangs and claws. Unlike werewolves, they developed pointed ears and short golden fur sprouted on when turned, similar like a dog. When inactive, their eyes are bright amber colored, a trait that retained even they are in human form. When transformed, their eyes turned bright crimson.
In ancient times, Jakkals employed by rich ancient Egyptians to built tombs.
Powers and Abilities
- Super Strength - Jakkal physically strong, despite some of them possessed emaciated looks.
- Fangs - They possessed fangs to enable them to eat and able to used it offensively.
- Life Force Transference - Due to their association with Anubis, they capable to control life force and able to make neteru by transferring it to the corpse.
- Magic - Jakkals are skillful magic practitioners, especially in ancient Egyptian magics. In past, along with the sill making trap, they often employed by rich Egyptians people to build tombs, with deadly traps and very strong curse. They also able to perform Rite of Renewal to brought back Anubis from his slumber.
- Trap Making - Jakkals are quite intelligent. They are very skillful in making lethal traps.
- Healing - Jakkals possessed powerful regenerative ability. They able to heal any wounds inflicted to them, except wound caused by golden tools.
- Power Negation - Stronger Jakkals are very powerful enough to even hold a power of Deity like Anubis in his partial awakened state.
- Gold - They can be harmed using tools made from gold. They can be killed by gold knife stab to the heart.