Into the Mystic is the 11th episode of Season 11. It aired on January 27th, 2016.
DEE WALLACE GUEST STARS — Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) investigate a case where people are suffering violent deaths after hearing a mysterious scream.
Featured Supernatural Beings
"Prison Grove" by Warren Zevon
- The sign that Sam assumes is "thank you" at first is actually the sign for "f*ck". He is then corrected.
- This episode marks the first time the Winchesters have salt-and-burned a body since Bad Boys. However the salt and burn failed to dispatch the monster.
- Sam is revealed to know a little sign language. He learned some while in college.
- The alternate title “Into the Mystic” is a Van Morrison song, about…death or saying goodbye.
- Dean: I tried to kill her.
Sam: Well, the two of you are connected somehow by the Mark.
Dean: Yeah no, it's, uh it's more than that.
- Sam: Attraction? (Dean looks back uncomfortably) Oh, Dean.
Dean: I know. I know. Okay? Whatever it is, attraction, connection, I gotta tell you, man, it scares me. I don't know that I can stop it. I don't know that I can resist it.
- Dean: Your hand is still on my knee.
- Mildred: I could move it up.
- Dean: Okay. That's -- I'm gonna.