Indestructibility is the property to be beyond destruction, no matter how powerful an attempt to destroy this object or entity is.
Characters with this abilityEdit
All characters are listed in alphabetical order.
These supernatural entities or objects that are next to indestructible and can only be killed or destroyed by beings of the same level of power or higher.
- Cain - As the bearer of the Mark of Cain and the very first Knight of Hell, he can't be killed by normal means. Only with the First Blade by another wielder of the Mark of Cain could he be killed.
- Death - Death had a considerable immunity against nearly all kind of physical and supernatural attacks. Could only be killed by his own scythe.
- Famine, Pestilence, and War - Although their physical bodies could be damaged, and the Horsemen themselves could be weakened, they couldn't be destroyed but by a handful of weapons and beings.
- God - God is close to indestructible; only the Darkness and Death could kill him.
- Souls - Death, who is equal to God, who created souls, in terms of strength, admitted that the soul cannot be broken not even by him. However the souls can be converted into demons which makes them vulnerable to certain beings and weapons. However, even when demonized, a soul cannot be fully destroyed as even when the demon is killed the corrupted human soul is cast out into The Empty. Despite this, it has been stated though that the Darkness could completely destroy everything including souls.
- The First Blade - The First Blade can't be destroyed by any known means. Though, Abbadon announced that she had plans to destroy it.
- Book of the Damned - Indestructible due to a spell.
- The Darkness - After a combined attack from angels, demons, and witches, Amara was still alive, though barely standing. Not only that, even after being struck by Lucifer following the combined attack, she was still had enough strength to not only still manage to easily overpower both Lucifer and God, but also mortally wound the latter. Her only possible weakness is light equivalent to 10,000 suns going supernova at once or the Soul Bomb and even then the person carrying the bomb must stand close enough to her before setting it off.
- Yokoth - Stated to be completely impossible to kill her even after nearly a hundred years of trying.
These beings are among the most resilient and powerful in the Supernatural universe, they have very few weaknesses and could only be killed by nigh-omnipotent forces or very rare and powerful weapons.
- Archangels - The Darkness, God, Death and Jack can harm and kill them without much effort. When it comes to weapons, only Death's Scythe, Lance of Michael and an Archangel Blade (provided it is wielded by an Archangel) can destroy them. It has been shown that the spear owned by the Alternate Kaia Nieves can harm Archangels as evidenced with Michael, though whether it can kill them is not yet known.
- Eve - Eve existed in Purgatory for a long time, and was related to Leviathans. Only one substance was said to be able to kill her.
- Jack - In Jack in the Box, Sam and Dean both state that Jack can't be killed, however he can be briefly contained.
- Knights of Hell - Powerful demons trained by Cain, they were resistant even to the Demon-Killing Knife. Only the First Blade is confirmed to be able to kill them.
- Leviathans - Nigh-indestructible beasts created by God, one of them survived having a car dropped on it. Only the Bone of Righteous Mortal Washed in the Three Bloods of Fallen is confirmed to be able to kill them.
These Supernatural beings have certain vulnerabilities, and could also be killed by some higher-tier entities like archangels.
- Angels - Angels can't be harmed but by a few weapons and beings. Their vessels, while occupied, are virtually indestructible, as long as the means by which the vessel is harmed doesn't affect the angel.
- Deities - According to Sam, while they were still worshiped, they were next to invincible. Despite having lost most of their worshipers, however, they are still almost indestructible.
- Fairies - Fairies are immune to several forms of harm.
- Jane - As the offspring between an angel and a human, she is very resilient to physical damage.
- Princes of Hell - Immune to most weapons that can harm and kill demons, although can be easily killed by higher beings and weapons such as The Colt and Archangels.
- The Wicked Witch - She was almost impossible to destroy, as even things that killed regular witches had no effect on her.
- White-eyed Demons - They were highly resistant to salt and holy water. They couldn't be killed by Ruby's Knife as well as a regular angel's smiting.
- Whore of Babylon - The Whore was invulnerable to almost every known form of physical harm.
These Supernatural beings have certain non-physical vulnerabilities, but they could also be killed by a lot of higher-tier entities like angels or powerful demons.
- Alphas - Alphas are immune to everything their children are immune to, and are more resilient to their weaknesses as well. Some Alphas are immune to weaknesses their children share.
- Black-eyed and Red-eyed demons - Despite being at the low end of the demonic hierarchy, as demons, they are almost impossible to destroy. Most harm to their vessel is irrelevant, as a demon can survive even if their vessel is damaged beyond its ability to stay alive.
- Dragons - Dragons can shrug off almost any physical attack.
- Hellhounds - Although they can be hurt by firearms and common demonic weaknesses, Hellhounds are extremely resilient to damage, even that inflicted by their own kind.
- Jefferson Starships - As hybrids, they share the strengths (and immunities) of their "pure" counterparts.
- Nachzehrer - Nachzehrer are "already dead", so decapitation and other forms of physical attack can't destroy them.
- Phoenix - A Phoenix can't be killed by hanging, gunfire, or other forms of physical attack.
- Siren - Sirens are very resilient to most known forms of destruction.
- Vampires - Vampires are immune to almost all physical harm, including stakes and bullets.
These supernatural beings, though slightly harder to kill than humans, have many vulnerabilities, and can often be killed by conventional means like fire, beheading, silver knives, and higher-tier entities.
- Amazons - Despite their strength and other abilities, Amazons are as vulnerable as any human.
- Arachne - Arachne are impervious to bullets and fire.
- Changelings - Changelings are highly resistant to damage.
- Djinn - Djinn are resilient to bullets.
- Ghouls - Ghouls can shrug off most physical attacks.
- Kitsune - Kitsune can't be destroyed by physical attacks.
- Okami - Okami can't be killed by conventional weapons.
- Pishtaco - They are invulnerable to most physical attacks.
- Rawhead - Invulnerable to physical attacks.
- Shtriga - Shtriga are invulnerable to all forms of weaponry unless they're feeding.
- Skinwalkers - They possess most of the invulnerabilities of werewolves, which include gunfire, knives, and most other types of physical attacks.
- Wendigo - Wendigo can't be harmed by physical attacks.
- Werewolf - Werewolves can shrug off almost any physical attack.
- Witch - Despite their supernatural abilities, witches, like Amazons, are as vulnerable as humans.
- Wraith - Wraiths cannot be destroyed by most weapons.
- Cambions/Katakos - It is unknown how you can actually injure, trap, mislead and/or kill a Cambion. It is also not known whether cambions can live forever or whether they can die of an aging process. However, Castiel has hinted that the Demon-Killing Knife can kill him.