Genevieve Nicole Padalecki (née Cortese; born January 8, 1981) is an American actress known for her breakout role on the television series Wildfire as Kris Furillo and also appeared in the movie Mojave. She plays the character Ruby in the fourth season of the series Supernatural.
On February 27, 2010, she married her co-star Jared Padalecki. She gave birth to their first child, a son named Thomas Colton Padalecki, on March 19, 2012. She gave birth during the filming of the Season 7 episode "Reading Is Fundamental", which accounted for Jared's absence during a large portion of the episode.
In "The French Mistake", she appears as herself and is credited as Genevieve Padalecki. On July 21, 2013, via Jared's twitter, it was confirmed that the couple were expecting their second child: Austin Shepherd Padalecki was born on December 22, 2013.
On March 17, 2017, the couple welcomed their first daughter and third child, Odette Elliott Padalecki.
Following the birth of her first child in 2012, Genevieve retired from acting. Her final role was in the American film Hated. Prior to her marriage, Genevieve was sometimes credited as Jennifer Cortese.
- Genevieve was intended to be one of a handful of actresses who portrayed Ruby in Season 4. The crew liked her so much that she portrayed the character throughout all of Ruby's remaining appearances.
- Shoshannah Stern is a fan of Genevieve. Both women had auditioned for the role of Ruby, and Shoshannah is happy Genevieve won it.
- Genevieve is the first wife of a main cast to appear on the show, followed by Danneel Harris-Ackles.
- Season 4
- Lazarus Rising (as Ruby)
- Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean Winchester (as Ruby)
- In The Beginning (as Ruby)
- Metamorphosis (as Ruby)
- I Know What You Did Last Summer (as Ruby)
- Heaven and Hell (as Ruby)
- Criss Angel Is A Douchebag (as Ruby)
- Sex and Violence (as Ruby)
- On The Head Of A Pin (as Ruby)
- When the Levee Breaks (as Ruby)
- Lucifer Rising (as Ruby)
- Season 6
- The French Mistake (as herself)
- Season 15
- Destiny's Child (as Ruby)