Game Night is the 17th episode of Season 14. It aired on April 4, 2019.
|There was something about being there... It felt pure.|
This episode summary is an official CW press release. It may contain errors.
DO NOT CHANGE!
Sam and Dean race to help a friend in need. Meanwhile, Mary (guest star Samantha Smith) is concerned for Jack's wellbeing, and Castiel enlists help from Anael (guest star Danneel Ackles) to track down a miracle.
- Jared Padalecki as Sam Winchester
- Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester
- Misha Collins as Castiel
- Mark Pellegrino as Nick
- Alexander Calvert as Jack Kline
- Samantha Smith as Mary Winchester
- Danneel Harris-Ackles as Anael
- Keith Szarabajka as Donatello Redfield and Lucifer
- Nathan Kay as Methuselah
Featured Supernatural Beings
- Angels (Anael; Joshua mentioned only)
- Archangel (Alternate Michael, mentioned only; Lucifer, voice and essence only)
- Demons (Nick's Henchmen)
- Nephilim (Jack Kline)
- Primordial Entity (God, mentioned only)
- Prophet (Donatello Redfield)
- Seraph (Castiel)
- Castiel and Donatello Redfield previously appeared in Peace of Mind.
- Mary Winchester previously appeared in Lebanon.
- Nick previously appeared in Prophet and Loss.
- Lucifer previously appeared in Unhuman Nature.
- Anael previously appeared in Stranger in a Strange Land.
- Alternate Michael was mentioned. He previously appeared in Ouroboros.
- Joshua was mentioned. He previously appeared in The Future.
- God was mentioned. He previously appeared in Alpha and Omega.
- This is the fourth episode of the season to feature all main characters with Stranger in a Strange Land, Gods and Monsters, and Unhuman Nature being the first three.
- This episode marks the second time Castiel and Anael interact with Devil's Bargain being the first one. Castiel asks Anael for help to contact God.
- Mary says Mouse Trap!, the board game, was Dean's favorite game when he was a child.
- Castiel reveals that Anael was Joshua's right hand before her demotion.
- It is revealed that when Joshua fell from Heaven, he found shelter in a convenience store and sought to find a way to contact God by constructing a charm similar to Dean's Amulet.
- It is revealed that God is the only one that can restore a soul.
- Nick said he injected Donatello with Thallium, a metal that was widely used in rat poison and insecticides. However, Jack found out that it was an angel grace.
- Nick allied himself with demons to find a way to resurrect Lucifer.
- There is a ritual to bring beings back from The Empty despite Billie stating there was no way for that to occur. The ritual requires Jack's blood, possibly because he was Lucifer's son and may have worked because Lucifer was already awake.
- Jack considers Donatello a friend.
- Anael reveals that Jack doesn't have a soul anymore which Castiel later admits is true and is something that he has been trying to hide from the Winchesters.
- Lucifer appeared for a moment, but as an essence from The Empty only.
- A disturbance goes off in Jack's mind and he blacks out before seemingly causing him to attack Mary.
- From the sounds, it seems like angel radio is playing or an angel is talking to Jack in their true voice.
- The demon Dean killed is the first time he has killed a demon since he killed two of the Bar Attackers in War of the Worlds, a gap of over a year time wise.
Behind the Scenes