|“||It's his story. It starts with his death. Or... what appeared to be his death. "Per usual, my brother had double my brawn and half my brains. He assumed the counterfeit was what vanished that night and he thought that he'd stabbed the real thing. The truth is, the thing Luci skewered was a fake. There are plenty of fakes to go around. Everyone believed Gabriel was gone and suddenly I was free. No obligation to God or Heaven or mankind. And so I did what anyone would do -- I moved to Monte Carlo and shacked up with porn stars." Well, uh, he goes on and on for quite awhile about porn stars. (...) Okay, so Gabriel was captured and delivered to Asmodeus. "For years, I knew nothing but endless torture. Asmodeus, once the weakest of Hell's Princes, grew strong by feeding on my grace."||”|
|“||Remember when I told you what happened after I faked my death at the Elysian Motel? (...) Yeah, well, I left a few parts out. After Lucifer "killed me," I needed to lay low. Luckily, I used to run with a pretty resourceful crew. Found me a real top-shelf hideaway. (...) I had it made! All the booze I could drink, all the, uh, entertainment I could handle! (...) So this is how it ended. By the time I came to, they had sold me to Asmodeus. (...) Hello, Lucifer! In case you don't remember, there was an Apocalypse brewing at the time. (...) Well, Vegas odds had my big bro pulling off a big win. (...) Fenrir, Sleipnir and Narfi were just trying to cover their keisters. They needed to get rid of me before Lucifer figured out where they had me hidden. But selling me to that Kentucky Fried B-Hole? For them? That was all profit.||”|
Gabriel's story is the story of the archangel Gabriel following his "death" at the Elysian Fields Hotel. Part of it was written by Gabriel on the walls of Sam's room in the Men of Letters bunker and the rest was told to the Winchesters by Gabriel when he chased after Loki for revenge.
After being rescued from the Prince of Hell Asmodeus, a traumatized Gabriel wrote his story on the walls of Sam's bedroom in Enochian. After it was discovered by Castiel, he called Sam into the room and read the story to him, skipping over the unimportant parts such as Gabriel's extensive description of the porn stars. The story revealed how Gabriel faked his death at Lucifer's hands and his torture by Asmodeus. Castiel and Sam took the fact that Gabriel was able to write out his story as a sign that his intelligence was still intact even if he would not or could not verbally communicate with them.
Later, while trying to get the traumatized Gabriel to speak, Sam comments that "hookers and Monte Carlo" sounds great, referencing Gabriel's story. As Sam turns to leave, Gabriel speaks for the first time to correct Sam that they were porn stars, not hookers.
It is unknown what happened to the written version of the story, but Sam presumably removed it from the walls of his room following Gabriel's departure after the death of Asmodeus.
After being found by the Winchesters, Gabriel admitted that he'd "left a few parts out" of his story about what had happened to him following his "death." When Gabriel starts to explain about his time with Loki and his family, he initially leaves out the porn stars. After being reminded about them by Dean, Gabriel amends his story to include the porn stars and explains exactly how Loki and his family betrayed him and sold him to Asmodeus, leading to his quest for revenge against them.
- When listening to Gabriel describe his encounter with the porn stars, the look on Dean's face shows that he is clearly enjoying that part of the story before Sam interrupts and makes Gabriel move on.
- The story serves the purpose of explaining exactly how Gabriel survived his supposed death in Hammer of the Gods with his survival being revealed in Devil's Bargain.
- The story shows that the Gabriel seen in Meta Fiction was in fact an illusion generated by Metatron since though Gabriel was alive at the time, he was the prisoner of Asmodeus since Loki's family sold him to Asmodeus during the Apocalypse. A further clue is that the actual Gabriel retains his wings and full powers while the illusionary Gabriel was in a weakened state and relied upon human transportation like the other angels.
- Gabriel amending the story after being reminded of the porn stars suggests that that part of the story was likely highly exaggerated by Gabriel.
- A minor goof is that when Gabriel tells the story, flashbacks, aside from what is taken directly from Season 5's Hammer of the Gods, show Gabriel's hair in its Season 13 length and style rather than his Season 5 length and style. As the flashbacks occur shortly after the events of Hammer of the Gods, it should not be different than it was in Season 5. This is due to the eight years of time difference between when the scenes were actually shot.
- In Unfinished Business, when telling the rest of the story to the Winchesters, Gabriel mistakenly calls the Elysian Fields Hotel the Elysian Motel.