History[edit | edit source]
By 1723, Fiona fell in love with a young man named Gavin MacLeod and the two had become engaged. Gavin chose to travel to the New World on his ship the Star and Fiona desired to go with him to start a new life together.
Before Gavin could board the Star, he was kidnapped to the year 2014 by the Knight of Hell Abaddon. As a result, Gavin was not present when Fiona arrived to discuss joining him on the Star. Unable to find Gavin, Fiona stowed away on the Star, not revealing herself until it was too late for the crew to turn back. After Fiona was discovered, she was brutalized and raped by the men on board the ship while her teacher, who was also on board, encouraged the behavior instead of protecting her. Ultimately, the Star sank off the coast of Andover, Massachusetts during a storm, killing all aboard including Fiona.
In 2016 and 2017, Fiona reemerged as a vengeful spirit, targeting and killing teachers who ended up with her locket in order to make all teachers pay for what was done to her. Her actions drew the attention of hunters Sam and Dean Winchester who recognized the Star as Gavin's ship. The Winchesters locate Gavin with the help of his grandmother, witch Rowena MacLeod and have him look over the artifacts from the Star. Gavin is shocked to find out that Fiona's locket was in the shipwreck and realizes what she must've done. The Winchesters track Fiona to the Pembroke Day School for Girls where she attacks two teachers, killing one before being dispersed by a rock salt shotgun blast.
After saving the teacher, Gavin performs a séance to summon Fiona who takes on the form she had in life and explains what happened to her to a horrified Gavin before disappearing. Following the séance, the Winchesters, Gavin and Rowena discuss what to do with Fiona, particularly as burning her locket might not be enough to destroy her with her bones at the bottom of the ocean and her possibly being attached to other objects. Instead, it is decided to return Gavin to his own time where he will be able to protect Fiona on the Star thus preventing her suffering and stopping her from becoming a vengeful spirit. The Winchesters are able to use a modified version of the Blood Sigil to return Gavin to 1723 and as he departs, Fiona's ghost materializes next to him. As the Winchesters watch, the lovers embrace as the spell transports them back to 1723.
Following Gavin's return to 1723, the Winchesters find that all of Fiona's victims are alive and well, showing that Gavin succeeded in protecting her on the Star and kept her from becoming a vengeful spirit after they died in the shipwreck.
Powers and Abilities[edit | edit source]
Fiona was a relatively powerful ghost.
- Invisibility - As a ghost, Fiona was naturally invisible.
- Telekinesis - Fiona possessed the ability to move things with her mind as seen when she caused stall doors to swing open and closed and flung a grown man across a room.
- Super Strength - Fiona killed her victims by reaching inside their chests and crushing their internal organs.
- Thermokinesis - Fiona's presence caused the temperature in a room to drop. She had the ability to control this, causing water coming out of a faucet to freeze solid.
- Electromagnetic Interference - Fiona's presence in a room caused flickering lights.
- Weather Manipulation - Fiona was able to cause gusts of wind in sealed rooms.
- Shapeshifting - Fiona was able to turn from a more decayed version of herself into how she appeared in life after being summoned by Gavin MacLeod.
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- Salt - Like all other ghosts, Fiona was vulnerable to salt as seen when she was dispersed with a rock salt shotgun blast.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Though Fiona's ghost was ultimately erased from existence by Gavin altering time to protect her, it is unclear what happened to her in the period between her and Gavin's return to 1723 and the death of her current timeline self.