|“||They take care of the Alpha when he's here. Or did. (...) A week ago, they came back from what they said was an easy hunt. Three humans just came, didn't put up any fight. But when they started on them, the vampires screamed in pain. The ones who ate died immediately. (...) There was only one. When he saw what happened, he moved to animals. He's out hunting as we speak.||”|
These six vampires made up a nest that lived in Hopple, North Dakota and directly served the Alpha Vampire. Their job was to take care of the Alpha Vampire's "special girl" Emily and make sure that she was ready for him when the Alpha Vampire came to feed off of Emily. Their job entailed them washing Emily and giving her IV bags every day as her only source of food so that her blood would be pure. They did this job for the twelve years that Emily was held captive by the vampires.
During the later stages of the Leviathan War, the vampires captured three humans who came to them without any fight thanks to the Leviathan additive spread through SucroCorp. However, when the vampires started feeding on the humans about a week later, they didn't realize that the Leviathans had made the additive poisonous to monsters. As a result, when five of the six vampires fed on the humans, they died in agony from the additive, later dubbed vamptonite.
Following the death of the other five vampires, they surviving vampire switched to feeding on animals. While he was gone one night a week after the capture of the poisonous humans, hunters Sam and Dean Winchester along with the ghost of Bobby Singer arrived in search of the Alpha Vampire for his blood and found the bodies and Emily who explained what had happened. The Winchesters realized what had happened to the vampires and used it to try to help convince the Alpha Vampire to cooperate with them.
After their departure, the surviving vampire returned to the nest and was shocked and horrified to find Emily gone and the Leviathan Edgar waiting for him. Edgar easily overpowered the vampire and demanded to know where the Alpha Vampire was. The vampire remained defiant to Edgar who took on the vampire's form and in the process learned that the Alpha Vampire was in Missoula, Montana. Having gotten what he wanted from the vampire, Edgar ripped the vampire's head off with his bare hands, killing him.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
They were regular vampires with all the abilities of ones.
- Super Strength - As vampires, they possessed greater strength than normal humans. One was easily able to throw around Dean Winchester and Gwen Campbell.
- Fangs - Vampires possess a set of retractable fangs. Their teeth are superhumanly strong and can rip open a human's neck and leave huge bite marks on the corpse of the victim it has fed on.
- Super Speed - As vampires, their speed was greater than a regular humans.
- Super Agility - Vampires possess amazing agility. They can climb up walls and jump off buildings without hurting themselves.
- Super Senses - Vampires have extremely keen senses that are superior to those of humans. They can see in the dark, hear a human's heart beat, and possess an enhanced sense of smell. A vampire can track a human's blood over long distances.
- Immortality - Vampires can potentially live forever. They can't grow old and don't acquire conventional diseases that affect humans.
- Invulnerability - Vampires can not be killed by conventional methods, such as stab wounds or gunshots.
- Regeneration - As long as they have enough human blood, vampires can heal any wound short of amputation.
- Super Stamina - Vampires possess enhanced stamina.
They possessed all the regular weaknesses of vampires.
- Vamptonite - Drinking the blood of humans who had ingested the Leviathan additive known as vamptonite was fatal to them.
- Leviathans - The one vampire that encountered the Leviathan Edgar was easily overpowered by him.
- Decapitation - Edgar killed one of the vampires by ripping his head off.
- Aside from the Alpha Vampire's Guard who was killed via an injection by Dean, these are the only monsters seen to die of vamptonite and the only ones who died from directly consuming it rather than it being weaponized against them.
- The vampire killed by Edgar is the first on-screen instance of a monster being killed through decapitation using brute force rather than a weapon.
- Nick Hunnings, who plays the vampire killed by Edgar, later plays the insane Prophet Tony Alvarez in Season 14's Prophet and Loss.