Elijah told Castiel how penitent angels were living humbly among humans but this angered Bartholomew. Elijah was paying respects to his friend Rebecca, who led the penitents. Elijah left in a hurry, wanting to avoid Bartholomew's angels, who were on the hunt for remaining penitent angels. Sure enough, shortly after Elijah fled, angels from Bartholomew's faction arrived and captured Castiel.
Elijah was later captured by Bartholomew's angels. Although initially tortured for information by Bartholomew himself, Elijah's true purpose was used as a test devised by Bartholomew for Castiel to prove his dedication. After Castiel refused to agree, Bartholomew stabbed Elijah in the abdomen with an angel blade, killing the penitent.
Powers and Abilities
Elijah possessed the standard abilities of a regular angel.
- Angelic Possession - Elijah needed the consent of a vessel to walk the earth.
- Super Strength - Elijah was able to endow his vessel with superhuman strength.
- Immortality - Elijah would not age unless killed.
- Invulnerability - Like all angels, Elijah was immune to most forms of harm.
- Angel Blades - Elijah could be killed with an angel blade.
- IMDb lists his name as Eliah.