|Well, congrats. You discovered it. You get to name it.|
Although this article is based on canonical information, the actual name of this subject is conjectural.
Eleanor Visyak's Species refers to an unidentified race of creature that Dr. Eleanor Visyak was a part of. Being the only one to appear, not much is known about this race.
There's been no specification of the date of their creation. However one member of this race has mentioned she is over 900 years old. She crawled through an opening of Purgatory, when H.P. Lovecraft and his friends opened a doorway and took the body of Lovecraft's maid. She then went about killing the members, so the door couldn't be opened again.
Over the years she took the name Dr. Visyak, and lived a life of a normal person, as well as having a relationship with Bobby Singer.
Castiel kidnapped her, and he and Crowley tortured her to force her to reveal information about Purgatory. Dr. Visyak revealed that the spell required the blood of a native of Purgatory, so they killed her to take her blood.
Up to date, she was the only known member of her race to be seen. It is unknown if her species are good by nature, or if Dr. Visyak, being benign and wanting to preserve Earth, was an exception to the rule.
Powers and Abilities
- Possession - Able to take over another being's body.
- Immortality - One lived over 900 years.
- Superhuman Strength - One was able to easily rip apart a grown man, splattering his blood over a wall. A member of the species also implied she can deal with the King of Hell by herself.
- Invisibility - Was able to move unseen, after escaping.
- Supernatural Endurance - Dr. Visyak was able to endure Crowley's efforts to persuade her to reveal information on Purgatory.
- Spell Casting - A member of the species displayed the ability to create sigils and wards against other supernatural beings (although it failed to ward off Angels).
- Superhuman Agility -
- Season 6
- Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting (non-canon, mentioned only)
- In Supernatural: The Official Companion Season 6, Sera Gamble gave more insight to Visyak's origins. "She is a similar kind of creature to Eve, actually. She's a creature that originated in Purgatory. She is what came through the portal when Lovecraft and his cohorts did their little spell back in the day. She's a little less powerful, she was not as high on the food chain over there, but she is extremely old, extremely powerful, and not of this Earth."