|“||I don't let my gifts define me. See, more than anything, I'm a sportsman. See, to me, man, monster, they're at their best, their most pure, in the heat of competition. (...) Yeah, sure, I could've killed you. But no. I wanna see your best. I wanna see what the Winchesters are capable of. Stripped down, closed in, just you against the world. Or Maul here.||”|
— Cutty explains himself to the Winchesters.
in The Heroes' Journey
Cutty was a shapeshifter and the leader of the Monday Monster Mayhem fight club.
At some point, Cutty created the Monday Monster Mayhem fight club where monsters would fight it out in cage matches for money. Some of his fighters included the massive vampire Maul, the werewolf Brad, the wraith known as Killer Wraith and the djinn known as Jamaica Djinn.
Following a fight in which Brad was apparently killed, Cutty or his people dumped Brad's body in a swamp, unaware that he had survived. Brad was found and taken in by his cousin Bess Fitzgerald who, along with her husband Garth, called in hunters Sam and Dean Winchester to investigate why Brad had wounds from a wraith. After waking up, Brad directed the Winchesters to the location of the fight club.
While the Winchesters, who had been downgraded by God to being normal people, investigated the building, they were discovered by Cutty who captured the two hunters, using Dean's own grenade launcher to threaten him after finding Dean throwing up in the bathroom. Locking Sam and Dean in the fighting cage, Cutty explained his reasoning and operation to them and that he intended to have Sam and Dean fight Maul to the death rather than just killing them outright.
That night, Cutty supervised a fight between Killer Wraith and Jamaica Djinn before getting ready for the Winchesters' two-on-one fight against Maul. As Cutty went to get them, ordering Sam and Dean to remove their shirts, he found them gone, having been rescued by Garth who had infiltrated the fight club. As Cutty searched for the Winchesters, Garth detonated the C4 that he had planted throughout the fight club, destroying it. Cutty was consumed by the explosion and killed along with all of the monsters present aside from Maul.
Unlike most shapeshifters, Cutty didn't appear to care much about the appearance he took as he didn't let his gifts define him. As a result, he had a rather unattractive form, though he didn't let Dean's insults about that bother him. Cutty believed that both humans and monsters were at their best in the heat of competition and enjoyed making a fight club to bring that out in people.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Cutty possessed all the powers of a regular shapeshifter.
- Shapeshifting - As a shapeshifter, he had the ability to change his shape into anyone living or dead, leaving behind shed skin each time.
- Super Strength - Shapeshifters possess greater than normal strength.
- Super Speed - Shapeshifters possess greater than normal speed.
- Super Agility - Shapeshifters possess quicker reflexes than a normal human.
- Regeneration - As they can change their form easily, shapeshifters can heal non-fatal wounds, and even replace body parts.
Cutty presumably possessed the regular weaknesses of a shapeshifter.
- Explosions - Garth Fitzgerald IV once blew up an entire monster fight club with C4, killing Cutty and almost all of them (about 58-60 monsters of many species), with only one survivor.
- Unlike most shapeshifters, Cutty did not display any of his powers and it is only known what type of monster he is because he specifically told the Winchesters.