|“||I hope you appreciate how much effort I've gone through to find something that can actually hurt you. Yeah, my tinkering has cost several lesser shifters their lives.||”|
In his efforts to find a weakness he could exploit in the Alpha Shapeshifter, the King of Hell Crowley captured several lesser shapeshifters and performed experiments upon them. Crowley's experiments cost the lives of all of his test subjects, but ultimately he discovered that shapeshifters and by extension their Alpha could be harmed by iridium.
As Crowley prepared to use the iridium to torture the Alpha Shapeshifter, he remarked upon how he'd discovered the weakness through his experiments with other shapeshifters. While the iridium did prove to work upon the Alpha Shapeshifter also, he refused to break under Crowley's torture and was ultimately killed by Crowley.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
They possessed all the powers of regular shapeshifters.
- Shapeshifting - As shapeshifters, they had the ability to change his shape into anyone living or dead, leaving behind shed skin each time.
- Super Strength - Shapeshifters possess greater than normal strength.
- Super Speed - Shapeshifters possess greater than normal speed.
- Super Agility - Shapeshifters possess quicker reflexes than a normal human.
- Regeneration - As they can change their form easily, shapeshifters can heal non-fatal wounds and even replace body parts.
They possessed all of the weaknesses of regular shapeshifters.
- Silver - Like all shapeshifters, they could be harmed and killed by silver.
- Iridium - By experimenting on these shapeshifters, Crowley discovered that they and by extension the Alpha Shapeshifter could be harmed by iridium.