In Taxi Driver, after finding out that the Second Trial is to rescue an innocent soul from Hell and deliver it unto Heaven, Dean decides that in order to find a way into Hell, they need to consult a demon. To this end, the Winchesters summon a Crossroad Demon. This Crossroad Demon is the one who answers the summons and is annoyed to discover that he has been summoned by the Winchesters. The demon tries to depart only to discover that the Winchesters have painted a devil's trap in the crossroad and he is unable to escape.
The Winchesters take the demon to a warehouse where he is bound to a chair under another devil's trap and they torture him with holy water for information on how to get into Hell without dying. The demon refuses at first as he's afraid of what Crowley will do to him if he tells but finally breaks and tells the Winchesters that rogue Reapers can smuggle them into Hell for a price. The demon explains that rogue Reapers have secret ways in and out of Heaven, Hell and the Veil and can smuggle both people and souls. The demon then begs the Winchesters to kill him, seeing death as a better alternative to facing Crowley. Dean acknowledges this and agrees but first asks for the demon to tell them everything he knows about rogue Reapers. Using the information the demon gives them, the Winchesters are able to locate the rogue Reaper Ajay and rescue Bobby Singer, completing the Second Trial.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Demonic Possession - As a demon, he needed a vessel to walk the Earth.
- Immortality - As a demon, he would never age or die unless killed.
- Invulnerability - As a demon he was invulnerable to normal methods of harm.
- Reality Warping (through deals) - As a Crossroad Demon he could warp reality through deals to make the deal maker's wish come true.
- Holy Water - As a regular low-level demon, he could be hurt by holy water. Having holy water poured on him caused the demon enough pain that he quickly broke and told the Winchesters what they wanted to know.
- Exorcism - As a regular low-level demon, he could be exorcised.
- Devil's Trap - Like all demons, he could be bound by a devil's trap.
- Higher-Tier demons - As a low-level demon, he was subservient to and weaker than higher level demons. He was noticeably scared of Crowley and begged the Winchesters to kill him rather than make him face Crowley.
- Demon-killing knife - As a low-level demon, he could be killed with the knife.
- This is one of the few male Crossroad Demons that the Winchesters have faced. Notably, when he appears, Dean asks "what happened to all the hot chicks?" after seeing that the Crossroad Demon is male.
- When the Winchesters summon the Crossroad Demon, the paint a devil's trap in the middle of the crossroads so that when he appears, he's already trapped. This is the first time such a tactic has been used by the Winchesters with Dean previously luring a Crossroad Demon into a devil's trap after summoning her. This becomes a common tactic when the Winchesters summon Crossroad Demons as seen with "Snooki" and Dar.