|“||There is something evil in those woods.||”|
This unnamed wendigo terrorized Blackwater Ridge every 23 years and was responsible for the abduction of Tommy Collins.
It was once a human that turned to cannibalism in order to survive, and became a Wendigo. It attacked people in the woods every 23 years, as far back as the 1930s. In 1959 it attacked a family in a cabin leaving only a boy who slept next to the fire alive. The boy later grew up to tell Sam and Dean about the occurrence.
The Wendigo was a creature that terrorized Blackwater Ridge every 23 years.
It abducted Tommy Collins after waking from hibernation a few months earlier and planned to feed off him to survive. It hunted Sam, Dean and the other Collins siblings in an attempt to capture and eat them. It killed their hunting guide because he "pissed" it off by shooting at it.
After Dean and the others found its lair a battle ensued and Dean was able to kill it with a flare gun, saving everyone.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Voice Mimicry - Wendigos can imitate the voices of humans to lure unsuspecting victims.
- Immortality - Wendigos can live forever.
- Super speed - Wendigos possess inhuman speed, enough to move from one place to another in under three seconds.
- Super Strength - Wendigos are incredibly strong, even by monster terms, they can tear humans limb from limb, snap necks and carry two people at once and even drag them up a tree with ease.
- Super Agility - Wendigos can jump from tree to tree without being deterred by the foliage.
- Invulnerability - Wendigos are invulnerable to (albeit irritated by) normal knives and guns.
- Claws - Wendigo have giant claws, which they use to hunt or to attack.
- Super Senses - Wendigos possess enhanced senses, making them perfect hunters, they can see perfectly in darkness, and have similarly enhanced hearing.
- Super Stamina - Wendigos possess greater stamina then humans, and tire less easily.
- Fire - One of two only known ways to kill a Wendigo is to burn them to death. Wendigos are so sensitive to heat, they will even shun potential prey sitting before an open flame.
- Anasazi symbols - Special Anasazi symbols, drawn in protective circles, will keep a Wendigo away, much as salt does with demons and ghosts.
- In the episode Wendigo a reference to the Donner party was made suggesting this Wendigo was a member. However, in a deleted scene Sam and Ben Collins found an Indian marking from a lost tribe suggesting the Wendigo could have been a member.
- So far it is the only creature to have share it's name with its debuted episode.
- It is the first monster to appear in the series.
- While its unclear why the wendigo spared the life of Shaw and instead just left him injured, Shaw mentioned he was sitting by the fire which is the wendigo's weakness, possibly meaning it was scared away before it could finish him off.
- Actor Roy Campsall also portrays an unnamed ghost in the Season 1 episode Asylum.