|“||What the hell kind of werewolves were those?!
Silver didn't touch 'em.
As part of his plan to wipe out the human race, the archangel Michael begins to build an army of monsters enhanced with angel grace. After perfecting the procedure, Michael makes a deal with werewolf pack leader Philippe to be a part of this army and enhanced his pack.
In an effort to get rid of the Winchesters, Michael sets a trap by letting the vampire Lydia Crawford escape and point Sam and Mary Winchester along with Bobby Singer to the church where he had been conducting his experiments. There, Michael has these four werewolves waiting to ambush the hunters.
As the three hunters explore the church, the werewolves suddenly burst in through the windows and attack. Bobby attempts to shoot one, but another rushes in, grabs his arm and disarms him while a third grapples with Mary. As the first advances on him, Sam shoots the werewolf with silver bullets to absolutely no effect. The three hunters grapple with the werewolves at close range with Sam drawing a machete and decapitating his attacker, killing him, causing the hunters to realize that decapitation works.
Sam is then attacked from behind by the last werewolf and fights him as Bobby is tackled to the ground by the one female and beaten. Mary manages to stab the werewolf she is fighting in the heart with a silver knife to no effect and is flung into the bag of weapons. Retrieving a small axe, Mary impales her attacker twice in the chest, briefly stunning him and allowing her to throw the werewolf to the ground. Seeing Bobby in trouble, Mary flings the axe into the female werewolf's back, causing her to let go of Bobby and keel over onto the ground.
Taking advantage of Mary's attack, Bobby shoves the female werewolf to the ground, removes the axe and decapitates her with several blows. Drawing a machete, Mary kills the werewolf she was fighting while Sam finally manages to shove the last werewolf far enough away to decapitate him.
In the aftermath of the fight, Sam, Mary and Bobby confirm that they weren't bitten and are shocked by the fact that the werewolves were so strong and immune to silver.
Powers and Abilities
- Shapeshifting - As werewolves, they had the ability to shift between human and wolf form. As a pureblood, they could do this at any time.
- Infectious Bite - Werewolves possess the ability to turn others into werewolves through their bite.
- Claws and Fangs - Werewolves have powerful claws and are able to cut through solid walls. Their fangs can tear human flesh and can rip out a human heart right out of their chest cavity. Pureblood werewolves are able to transform just their claws without transforming fully.
- Super Strength - As werewolves, they had strength greater than that of a normal human. Due to their enhancements, they were even stronger than regular werewolves.
- Enhanced Agility - Werewolves agility is greater than humans, often allowing them to perform incredible jumps and sprints easily.
- Super Speed - Werewolves have greater than normal speed. Their enhanced abilities granted them even greater speed than normal werewolves.
- Super Stamina - Werewolves do not tire easily.
- Super Senses - All werewolves are able to see better than humans in darkness, similar to actual wolves, their sense of smell and hearing is equally enhanced.
- Invulnerability - Werewolves can't be killed by conventional means and weapons. However, two blows to the chest from a small axe stunned one briefly while another was sent to the ground by the axe being thrown into her back, possibly severing her spine.
- Regeneration - Werewolves can regenerate all non-lethal damage, purebloods are even able to completely heal their original bites.
- Immunity - Due to their enhancements, they were completely immune to silver, a normal werewolf weakness and could only be killed through decapitation.
- Severe Trauma - Though unable to kill them, severe trauma was shown to be able to stun these werewolves for a time. Being hacked twice in the chest with a small axe stunned one long enough for him to be thrown to the ground in pain for a few moments while the same axe being thrown into another's back, possibly severing her spine, took her out of the fight long enough to be killed.
- Decapitation - The only known way to kill them was through decapitation.