|Uhm yeah it's a, you know...work in progress.|
This article needs expansion or improvement in content, grammar, structure, images or outline.
The chronology of Supernatural is very complicated, as no precise dates are given in many episodes - The episodes with clear, precise dates being Pilot and The End. The show is currently set in 2015, and it is presumed to have begun sometime in 2005, as evidenced by the murders committed by Constance Welch from 2003-2005. Clear dates are given in the early chronology of the Winchester family, i.e. Dean was born in the 1970s and Mary died in 1983. Shown below is a construction of the chronology of Supernatural.
- Before there was anything, there was The Darkness. This force was the source of all existence that pre-dates anything of God's creations, yet was evil and devoured all it could.
- The Darkness' younger brother, God, came into existence.
- Somehow, Death came into existence.
- God created the Leviathans, but fearing their destructive nature He created Purgatory as their prison.
- It is likely that Eve came about during this time period, as she predates angelic beings.
- God created at least 4 Archangels. those being Michael, Lucifer, Raphael and Gabriel.
- God rallied the Archangels, and together with their combined strength, they went to war with the Darkness and eventually, they imprisoned The Darkness. To contain the Darkness, God made the Mark of Cain, which is both a key and lock to his sisters cell, and should the Mark be destroyed, the Darkness shall be set free.
- God defined the laws of physics and created the physical Universe. Furthermore he created spirit worlds separated from the physical universe. Among them is Heaven as His holy dwelling place, with Heaven's Garden at the center and the Axis Mundi as the central road through the realm.
- God created the other angels, among them are Castiel, Zachariah, Anna, Balthazar, Naomi, Uriel, Metatron, Hester, Gadreel, Ezekiel, Samandriel, and many others.
- Metatron is named God's Scribe, and he started dictating as creation is being formed.
- God loved Lucifer most out of all his sons, more so than even Gabriel and Michael.
- God created Earth, the souls and creatures to live on it. Among them, were Adam and Eve (Human)
- God assigned Atropos and her sisters the job of guiding destiny according to His design.
- Death and his Reapers started to manage the flow of life and death.
Birth of Humanity
- Castiel was stationed in Anna's garrison and was stationed on Earth. He watched the very first fish crawl onto land and an older angel told him not to step on it, because God had big plans for that fish.
- Eve created an army of monsters to overcome the future human race. She created the Alphas the very first monsters and the Alphas began to turn humans into monsters who in turn infected more humans into monsters.
- God asked his angelic children to bow down and worship or love humans as he believed humanity to be the best of all his creations. Lucifer began to feel the effects of the Mark God gave him. He began to develop warmongering characteristics. Castiel and Uriel interacted with Lucifer in Heaven, and Uriel was captivated with their older brother's power and beauty, feeling sympathy for his disdain for humans.
- In defiance of God, as the Mark corrupted him further, Lucifer twisted Lilith's soul into the very first demon. Lucifer then asked Michael, his older brother, to stand by him in conflict and the war, however Michael refused and beat him down, on God's order, starting a war in the process.
- God created Hell.
- Lucifer met Cain, and gave him the Mark, which became known as the Mark of Cain, the catch was that Cain had to kill his brother. So, Cain killed Abel and when Abel went to Heaven, Lucifer was re-imprisoned in Hell's Pit and Cain killed himself upon his guilt, but he resurrected as a demon and the first Knight of Hell. Walking the earth forever, he killed people and made demon contacts, keeping his Mark.
- Lucifer created demons by turning evil human souls into monsters. He then set up Hell's hierarchy, established himself as King, and let demons spawn and multiply throughout the centuries. He inducted the first members into an elite order known as the Knights of Hell.
- Lucifer's Cage was formed by God.
- Lucifer was defeated and thrown into The Cage by Michael.
- Gabriel left Heaven after he saw his brothers fighting each other.
Pre-Abrahamic / Pagan times
- The Pagan gods were venerated by the early humans and gain followers. Humans were primarily Pagan and the Carrigans gained many followers.
- Among the most powerful of the gods at this time were Osiris, Ganesh, Odin, Zeus and Kali.
- Osiris and other Egyptian gods were worshipped in Egypt.
- Kali, Ganesh and other Hindu gods were worshipped in India.
- Odin and other Norse gods began to be worshipped in North Europe.
- Gabriel disguised himself as Loki aka the Trickster.
- Zeus and other Greek gods were worshipped in Greece.
- Zeus took away fire from the humans, but Prometheus gave it back to them to protect them from the monsters in the world. Zeus cursed Prometheus to die every day, and imprisoned him in a mountain range.
- The demon Samhain was worshipped as a god by the Ancient Celts.
- Eve last visited Earth before going back to Purgatory.
4000 - 3000 B.C.
- God made himself known on Earth. God released Death to flood Earth and destroy humanity, decided to only save Noah and his family. Death returned to his underground coffin afterwards.
- God gave Moses his staff, and he used it to cause the Ten Plagues and freed the Israelites from slavery in Egypt, started the forty-year Exodus. The angels were ordered to slay every Egyptian firstborn infant, only for the lower angels (including Castiel) to have their minds wiped afterwards by Naomi.
- Moses and the Israelites created the Ark of The Covenant.
- God began to gain a following amongst the Israelite people. The Israelites spread the word of God and warned people against following Lucifer.
- Jesus Christ was born.
- Jesus was crucified when he rebelled against Roman rule and taught people about God. He was resurrected and ascended to Heaven to be with God three days later.
- God left Heaven. In despair at seeing their father go, the archangels decided to rule the universe in his stead, but needed the Words of God to achieve this. Naomi was ordered to debrief Metatron, but he escaped to Earth before they could get him in their hands. God continued to talk with Joshua.
- The angels were recalled to Heaven on Michael's orders, not returning to Earth until the coming of The Apocalypse two thousand years later.
- The witch named Patrick was born around this time.
- The Purgatory resident who would later go by the alias Dr. Visyak was born around this time.
- The human Ruby sold her soul to the demon Astaroth and became a witch. During the Black Plague epidemic in Europe (1348-1350), she died and her soul went to Hell, where she was tortured and eventually became a demon.
- The nun Agnes wrote The Book of the Damned in a vision of Darkness, she used her own skin as pages.
- The vampire Boris was born around this time.
- The witch siblings Tracy Davis and Don Harding were born around this time.
- In 1492 Maggie Stark had a one-night-stand with Christopher Columbus. She suspected Don Stark had a fling with a female member of the Florentine Medici family.
- The Protestant fathers left England, and sailed to America, they became the first white men in America. White colonization began in the United States of America but as soon as the settlers arrive, their governor realized that they lack efficient supplies for a long winter. He returned to England which took him two years, and then another year returning with supplies. When he returned to the colony's camp in 1590, he found it derelict and empty. The only clue to what happened to the Lost Colony was the word Croatoan carved onto a tree. This had become one of the biggest mysteries of American history, and to this day nobody knows what happened to the colony, as no DNA had turn up matching that of the settlers. Common theories suggest that the survivors were infected with the Croatoan Virus and killed each other.
- Crowley was born in Scotland as Fergus McLeod in 1661, and taught witchcraft by, Rowena his mother.
- Rowena intended to sell Crowley in exchange for three pigs, however dismissed it. Rowena came across a polish family who helped her out of her poverty.In return she granted the families son, Oscar, Immortality.
- Crowley seeks out a Crossroads Demon to whom he sold his soul for a longer penis. After a decade, he was killed by a hellhound and his soul taken to Hell. In Hell, Crowley was tortured brutally until he became a demon, and emerged more powerful than other demons, he became the right hand man and possible lover to Lilith, the first demon. Unlike other demons, Crowley did not want Lucifer freed, since he knows Lucifer views demons as abominations.
- In 1723 Crowley's son Gavin MacLeod, after the death of his parents, emigrated to the American Colonies from Scotland, but drowned when his ship sank before the coast of Massachusetts.
- In the 1720s Maggie Briggs was hanged by Isaiah Pickett for being a witch, but he really did so because she was also carrying his illegitimate child.
In 1816 Doc Benton found immortality.
- In 1835 Samuel Colt built the Colt, a weapon that can kill anything in Creation with the exception of five things, including the Archangel Lucifer.
- Samuel Colt completed the construction of the Devil's Gate in Wyoming some time prior to 1861.
- From the year 2011 Sam and Dean traveled back in time to 1861, way before their time, on the hunt of a Phoenix in Sunrise, Wyoming whose ashes can be used to kill Eve, the Mother of All. The Winchesters found a Phoenix, named Elias Finch, and Dean lured him out into combat and killed him with the Colt he borrowed from Samuel Colt, before he was sent back to 2011. Colt collected the ashes and sent them to the future by storing them at a post office which will deliver them to Bobby Singer's house 150 years later.
- The American Civil War lasts from 1861 to 1865. During the Battle of Carthage on July 5, 1861, the Battle of Hellhole took place on what later became William Jasper's Farm, close to the entrance to Death's underground coffin.
- In 1862, the puritanical preacher Jacob Karns murdered 13 prostitutes in a town on the Nine Mile Road, and was executed for his crimes, and became a Hookman.
- Cain fell in love with the human Colette around the 1860s. Although she forgave him for the evil deeds he did prior to meeting her, she made him promise not to kill anymore. He agreed and retired to live with Colette as a married couple.
- In 1863, the Knights of Hell abducted Colette and attempted to persuade Cain to return to being their leader. This tactic proved fatal when Cain killed them instead. When he tracked Colette down, he found her possessed by Abaddon, who tricked him into killing Colette out of her jealousy of Cain's love for Colette. Cain honored Colette's dying wish for him not to kill anymore, and so Abaddon is spared his revenge, making her the only Knight of Hell who remained alive and active.
- The Collins brothers fought on opposite sides of the Civil War. The Confederate Vance Collins was shot and killed by his Union brother, and swore vengeance on him. His body was later chosen as The Unknown Soldier. Around 150 years later his grave was desecrated and he became a Specter.
- P.T. Barnum entered the circus business in 1871. Sometime in his twenty-year career until his death in 1891 he employed Charlie as his stage magician, and gave him a grimoire that contained an immortality spell, which Charlie used on himself.
- H. H. Holmes was executed for being America's first mass murderer. His spirit would later resurface.
- The Merchant family were found slaughtered. Everyone believed the father Isaiah was the murderer, when in fact it was the adopted daughter Melanie who committed the atrocity. Melanie's spirit would return later when the painting of her family was sold on.
- Dr. Benton abandoned his professional work to gain immortality.
- Max Thompson was born on October 2, 1910.
- The RMS Titanic sailed from Southampton, England, to embark on its maiden voyage. The angel Balthazar arrived in 1912 from the future, 2010, and took up a job on the ship as an officer. He managed to alert the officers to the dangers of the iceberg and thus saved thousands of people from drowning and saves the entire ship, altering history dramatically and enabling the Titanic to sail from Southampton to New York unimpeded. However, this, coupled with Dean averting the Apocalypse, puts Atropos out of her job. Desperated to put things right, Atropos began to kill off the descendants of those on-board Titanic who survived. Things were only reverted when Balthazar was persuaded by Castiel to go back to 1912 and change history back to normal by sinking the Titanic.
- Azazel took Meg to see Lucifer's Crypts some time before 1913.
- The Great War began in 1914. War influenced the desire for militarism and conquest in Germany.
- A young girl committed suicide when she discovered she has been abused by her studio chief in Hollywood. Her ghost would later return and haunt the studio.
- Larry Ganem was born on March 23, 1926.
- In 1932, Jacob Karns's spirit influenced a clergyman to commit murder.
- On March 10, 1937, H.P. Lovecraft opened a portal to Purgatory. Several creatures escaped, one of which possessed his maid Eleanor and thereafter called herself Dr. Elle Visyak. Another of the creatures killed Lovecraft five days later.
- World War II began in 1939. War influenced a resurgence in militarism and conquest in Germany.
- Wesley Mondale's grandfather found the Tiamat Coin during the American involvement in the Battle of North Africa (1942-1943), and took it back to the United States as a souvenir.
- The demon Alastair was present in German-occupied Poland in 1943.
- During World War II, The Judah Initiative battled with the Thule necromancers sponsored by the Nazis. A Golem raised by the Rabbis from the Vitsyebsk Ghetto lays wasted to a Thule base in occupied Belarus in 1944. Commander Eckhart completed a ritual and escaped before the Golem could catch him.
- Dean faced the God of Time who sent him almost sixty years back in the past from 2012. In 1944, Dean met Eliot Ness in Canton, Ohio, who briefly hired him as his colleague. Dean was briefly trapped in 1944 when Sam tried to find a way to pull him out and got revenge on Chronos.
- Somewhere in the 1940s Kelly Duran (Brick Holmes) met Betsy (who would later pose as Eleanor Holmes), and began to write her letters.
- John Winchester was born in 1954 in Normal, Illinois to Henry Winchester and his wife, descending from Cain and Abel's family. Henry intended to raise him as a member of the Men of Letters when he comes of age to carry on their legacy.
- Mary Winchester was born on December 4, 1954 in Lawrence, Kansas to Samuel and Deanna Campbell, who raised her to be a hunter in the way of the Campbell Family.
- In St. Louis, Missouri on March 8, 1957, Father Thompson of the Men of Letters performed the first of his attempts to cure a demon. He was assisted by Father Simon and their efforts recorded by Josie Sands. The first trial failed, with the demon escaping and its host getting killed by the failed cure.
- In mid-July in 1958, Peter Kent became possessed by a demon who forced him to eat his own children.
- Father Thompson performed his nineteenth (and only known successful) trial of curing a demon on August 3, 1958 on the possessed Peter Kent.
- As demons had learned of Father Thompson's demon-curing trials, the demon Abaddon killed Father Thompson on August 5, 1958, to made him an example to others. Before he died, he divulged the basics of the demon-curing ritual under torture and told Abaddon about Josie Sands.
- Henry Winchester and Josie Sands were meant to be inducted into the Men of Letters on August 12, 1958. However, Abaddon found Josie prior to the induction and possessed her to infiltrate the Men of Letters headquarters. Seeking to steal the key to the Men of Letters bunker, she killed David Ackers, Ted Bowen, and an unnamed third man, permanently blinded Larry Ganem, and burned down the Men of Letters headquarters. Henry and Larry alone escaped the slaughter and thus they alone were the only surviving Men of Letters. Larry entrusted Henry with the key to the bunker and Henry traveled to 2013 to reach his by-then adult son John Winchester, but appeared in Sam and Dean's motel room instead. Abaddon pursued Henry into the future, where she killed him. As a result of the time travel, Henry and Abaddon vanished without a trace from the current timeline. John and his mother thought Henry left them, and she remarried to a mechanic and moves to Lawrence. Meanwhile, demons assumed that Abaddon had been killed.
- Peter Sweeney was bullied by the school bully who accidentally dunked him underwater for too long. Peter drowned and returned to haunt the lake years later.
- The Roosevelt Asylum riots took place and the chief doctor was killed.
- The vampire Benny Lafitte fell in love with Andrea, and was killed by The Old Man. He spent the next fifty years in Purgatory.
- On April 24, 1967, the Impala rolled off the assembly line in Janesville, Wisconsin.
- In 1967, Jacob Karns's spirit influenced a seminarian to kill several prostitutes.
- Cyrus Dorian drove up to the local school in a black truck, and ignited the school, killed a hundred children who were singing carols. Cyrus then was killed and his spirit thereafter traveled the roads on the truck he was buried in.
- Mary and John Winchester met in Lawrence, Kansas, and a Cupid caused them to fall in love on Heaven's orders.
- In October 1972, Azazel, Lucifer's loyal general, found the gate to Lucifer's Cage in the convent in Maryland. Azazel killed several nuns to communicate with Lucifer and Lucifer told him he needs Azazel to free Lilith, buried deep in the Pit at the time, so she can arrange for a righteous man to be sent to Hell so he can break the first of the 66 Seals to his cage. He was also instructed to find a special child to kill Lilith and destroy the final Seal, and for Lucifer to use as a new vessel.
- John Winchester fought in the Vietnam War before he returned to Lawrence in 1973.
- On April 30th 1973, Dean arrived after being sent back through time by Castiel from 2008. He advised John Winchester to buy the Impala. Azazel, still looking for Special Children to turn with his blood, appeared in the town. Dean tried to prevent Mary from making a deal with him by retrieving The Colt to kill him, but Azazel killed Mary's parents and succeeded in sealing the deal. Dean was transported back to the future before he can comfort Mary, leaving her to think he just left her.
- The angel Anna traveled back to 1978 from the year 2010 during The Apocalypse to kill Mary (by then pregnant with Dean) and John, so Sam will never be born and Lucifer cannot use him as his vessel. Sam, Dean, and Castiel went back in time to stop her, while Anna called Uriel down from Heaven to aid her, fooled him into thinking she was still his superior in the future. Michael went back in time to smite Anna and send Uriel back to Heaven. He talked to Dean before sending him and Sam back to 2010, and wiped Mary and John's memories of the events.
- Dean Winchester was born on January 24, 1979.
- Amelia Richardson was born on April 20, 1980.
- Sometime before Sam was born, John and Mary had a fight and John left home for a few days.
- Sam Winchester was born on May 2, 1983.
- On November 2, 1983, Sam was fed with demon blood by Azazel. Mary Winchester tried to stop him, but was killed by the Yellow-Eyed Demon. John, Dean, and Sam escaped from their burning home in Lawrence.
- John Winchester went into hunting.
- Bela Talbot was born as Abbie in the United Kingdom around 1984.
- Jessica Moore was born on January 24, 1984.
- In March 1985, Anna Milton rebelled against Heaven, and removed her Grace so she could be reborn as a human. She felt to Ohio and her grace to Union, Kentucky. During the fall, she and her grace were mistaken for meteors. By September, a full-grown oak tree that already looked to be at least 100 years old had grown out of Anna's grace. Anna Milton was born in December.
- Constance Welch went insane after she found out that her husband cheated on her, and drowned her children. Gaining sanity destroyed her mind and she killed herself by jumping into a freezing river. Constance reappeared as a Woman in White.
- Somewhere in between 1988 and 1994, Mr Benson, one of Sam's grade school teachers, were possessed by one of Azazel's demons.
- John met Kate Milligan after hunting a ghoul and fathers a child with her, Adam Milligan.
- Adam Milligan was born on September 29, 1990.
- In 1990 Dean had the best hamburger of his life in a seaside shack in Delaware.
- In 1991 Molly McNamara died in a car crash when she hit and killed Jonah Greely. Her husband David survived the crash, but Molly and Jonah became ghosts, with Jonah tormenting Molly while she remained unaware of her real nature.
- Somewhere in between 1991 and 1996 Kate took Adam to a playground on a day off, and he recalled it as a fond memory.
- Sam found out, to his dismay, that John is a hunter, and that the supernatural world exists. Well, apart from Father Christmas.
- Sam and Dean visited the Cleveland Botanical Gardens on a field trip.
- Kevin Tran was born on December 2, 1993.
- On November 24, 1994, Sam attended Thanksgiving dinner at his friend Stephanie's house.
- At some point when Sam was a teenager, he disappeared for two weeks while under Dean's watch in Flagstaff, Arizona, living off pizza in a cabin and befriending a dog he called Bones. Dean scoured the whole town looking for him and worried he might have died, and John was furious when he found out.
- In the year 1995, Dean lived at Sonny's Boys' Home for two months after he was caught stealing. (John left Dean there when he learned that Dean lost the groceries money while he was out on a hunt.) While living there, Dean briefly dated a girl named Robin.
- On July 4, 1996, Sam and Dean celebrated Independence Day by themselves by lighting a bunch of fireworks in a field.
- In the summer of 1997, Sam and Dean found a Werewolf and killed it. Sam used this hunt as his holiday project to write about at school later that year.
- In the fall of 1997, Sam and Dean were dropped off at Truman High by John for several weeks while John went on an extended hunt. Sam went to school and is bullied, but he didn't knew the bully (Dirk MacGregor, Jr.) was only mean because of life at home. When Sam called the bully "Dirk the Jerk" this is the last straw and when the whole school chanted that name, Dirk, the bully, killed himself soon after. Dirk returned to haunt the school, killed off people he thought are like Sam.
- In 1998, Abbie sold her soul to a crossroads demon in a ten-year contract in exchange for her parents being killed in a car accident. After their deaths, Abbie inherited their vast fortune. She ended up changing her name to Bela Talbot and became a thief and con-artist specialized in the occult.
- In 1998, Sam befriended with Amy Pond but then realized she's a kitsune.
- In August 1998, Dean met Lisa Braeden on a solo hunting trip and they had a fling.
- Ben Braeden was born in May 1999.
- Sam told John he wants college instead of a hunter's life. John told Sam if he leaves, he should never come back. Sam went off to college, and Dean experienced the worst night of his life. Sam didn't speak to Dean for three years.
- Adam Milligan met John for the first time.
- The first murders committed by Constance Welch occur here.
- War influenced the War in Darfur to occur.
- Sam's college friend Brady was possessed by a demon during Thanksgiving on Azazel's orders. He pretended to have become addicted to drugs and a promiscuous lifestyle, and Sam tried to help him back on track.
- John Winchester was missing, in order to find him, Dean decided to contact Sam for support - it is the first time they spoke to each other in three years. Although Sam hesitated, he finally agreed to help him, leaving his girlfriend Jessica behind.
- Brady killed Sam's girlfriend Jessica, enraged Sam decided to start to hunt again, abandon his life at Stanford University.
- On the road they encountered a Wendigo, they burned it to death.
- Around the 5th December 2005, the brothers made their first encounters with demons, one of them was responsible for air plane crashes. They were able to exorcise the demon.
- Sam and Dean encountered the spirit of their deceased mother, her spirit vanished and her soul was sent to either Heaven or Hell.
- Sam met Meg for the first time, however she did not reveal herself as a demon. Meg was ordered by Azazel to let them go, as he had still plans for them.
- The brothers were reunited with their father when the demon Meg used a trap with the Daeva she controlled. However, the Daeva turned on her and throw her off the roof. Finally reunited with their father, Sam and Dean realized that he was in fact possessed by Azazel, the demon who killed their mother and killed Jessica Moore and tore apart their family. Despite himself, Sam cannot bring himself to kill Azazel, as it would mean killing John. He shoots him in the leg and rushes to hospital, but they are struck by a truck driven by a demon. After John makes a deal with Azazel to heal Dean, who meets a Reaper named Tessa, Dean recovers but Azazel takes John to Hell.
- Azazel organized a duel between his special children in an isolated area, the best would eventually be Lucifer's vessel. Sam was killed, however Dean brought him back to life through a deal.
- Blackmailed by Azazel, Jake Talley opened a Gate to Hell, Sam killed him shortly after.
- Among the demons that escaped hell as the gates were opened were Lilith as well as The Seven Deadly Sins.
- Dean killed Azazel with the Colt.
- Despite Dean's deal, he still enjoyed his life, as he had just 1 year left to until his soul goes to hell.
- The Seven Deadly Sins brought havoc upon the earth, represented their attributes much like the horsemen.
- After Azazel's death, Lilith took over hell, eliminating all other rivals.
- Sam met Ruby for the first time.
- Sam, Dean and Bobby performed exorcisms on some of the Seven Deadly Sins, some were killed by Ruby with her Demon killing knife.
- Ruby advised Sam to find out more about the friends of his mother, she revealed that she is a demon.
- Bobby told Sam and Dean about Bela Talbot, a woman who steals supernatural items.
- A female demon revealed to Sam and Dean, that many demons actually believes in a higher power, Lucifer, who was once God most beautiful and beloved angel.
- Ruby helped Bobby in manufacturing new bullets for The Colt.
- Sam summoned a crossroad demon and demanded to reverse Dean's deal, however that was beyond the power of the crossroad demon, Sam killed the Demon with the Colt
- Sam and Dean met Bela Talbot for the first time. They investigated a case involving a ghost ship, everybody who sees the ship eventually dies. Due to Bela's sociopathic behavior, they developed an aversion for her, however she helped them to finally solve the case.
- On Christmas 2007, Sam and Dean killed the two pegan deities Medga and Edward Carrigan.
- The Winchesters investigated a case involving 3 witches, the circumstances led to the old and powerful demon Astaroth. As Sam tried to shoot Astaroth with the Colt, she used her Telekinesis to stop the bullet in mid-air. Ruby arrived but was overpowered by Astaroth as well, however after being shortly distracted, Dean managed to kill her with Ruby's knife.
- Ruby revealed that all demons were once human.
- Lilith was mentioned to Sam and Dean for the first time.
- Bela stole the Colt from Sam and Dean, thereupon they decided to hunt Bela.
- Sam and Dean were tricked by Bela and the police arrested them. The police interrogated them, however one of the FBI agents was indeed possesed by a demon. Under Lilith's command the demons prepared to invade the police station. Meanwhile, Ruby arrived and claimed she knows a way to annihilate every demon in a radius of a mile. However the others rejected her plan as it required the heart of a virgin. Annoyed, Ruby left and they set up a trap for the demons by letting them in, locking all doors and mass-exorcise them. Shortly after Sam and Dean left the building, Lilith got in, slowly tortured all survivers and destroyed the police station in a powerful burst of white light.
- Dean confronted Bela and asked for the Colt. However, Bela already has given the Colt to Crowley. Furthermore Dean found out that Bela made a deal 10 years ago, involving the killing of her parents.
- Bela was killed by Hellhounds.
- Lilith sadistically tortured a family, she was already expecting Deans arrival.
- Dean was brutally killed by hellhounds, Lilith was unable to harm Sam in any way, even her White light shows no effect on him.
- Alastair tortured Dean in Hell, he continuously asked Dean if he wanted to torture other souls.
- Sam looked for ways to get Dean out of Hell, he captured and tortured Demons in order to interrogate them.
- Ruby tried to befriend with Sam and rescued his life on several occasions, they finally ended up as couple.
- Dean admited to torture other deceased humans, since he could no longer handle the pain. Unbeknownst to him, he had broken the first of the 66 Seals, this allowed the others to be broken.
- The angel Castiel was ordered by Heaven to drag Dean out of Hell when Dean broke the first Seal binding Lucifer captive.
- Dean met Castiel for the first time.
- Sam trained his demonic abilities under the guidance of Ruby, he kept this hidden from Dean.
- Under Lilith's command, demons started to break the other seals in order to free Lucifer from his cage.
- Michael let some angels support Sam and Dean in preventing the apocalypse. However, it was never his true intention to prevent Lucifer's release, he just wanted to avoid a rebellion among the lower angels like Castiel.
- Castiel sent Dean back in time, to teach him a lesson about destiny.
- Samhain raised around Halloween, he broke another seal but Sam sent him back to hell.
- Sam, Dean and Ruby helped the fallen angel Anna Milton to regain her grace.
- Sam killed the high ranked demon Alastair with his special abilities.
- Sam and Dean met the prophet Chuck, who is unknow to them, God himself. They recognized that everything he predicted actually happens that way. Lilith tried to make a deal with Sam as she knew that she herself is the last seal.
- Ruby further manipulated Sam into drinking demon blood, finally strong enough they started to look for Lilith. The angels imprisoned Dean but he convinced Castiel, that he should better help him stop the apocalypse. As they asked Chuck for Sam's current location, Raphael appeared and killed Castiel. Meanwhile, Sam killed Lilith and Ruby revealed herself as a traitor, Dean killed her.
- The cage opened and Lucifer rose under immense emission of bright white light, God teleported the Winchesters out of danger. This marked the begin of the apocalypse.
- Lucifer started to mentally torture his plan B vessel Nick, Nick eventually allowed Lucifer to use him as his vessel. Zachariah told Dean that he is Michael's true vessel, God resurected Castiel.
- Lucifer started to bind the horsemen to him, one of them, War, started to deceive humans and cause war between them. Sam and Dean finally cut War's ring of, therefore prevented him from doing more harm.
- Dean and Castiel captured the archangel Raphael with holy oil. Raphael believed that God is dead and Lucifer had resurected Castiel. Lucifer appeared in Sam's dreams and told him, that he is his true vessel.
- Zachariah sent Dean to the future, to show him, what happens to the world if he continues to deny to be Michael's vessel. Dean met himself in 2014, the older Dean tried to convince Dean to say "yes" to Michael, but Dean refused. Later, Lucifer killed the older Dean and said that whatever Dean changes, he will always end up here. Lucifer vanished and Zachariah took him back to the present.
- Sam and Dean met Jesse Turner, Castiel informed them, that Jesse will become the antichrist and at the peak of his power, Lucifer will use him to destroy all the angels with a single word. However, while Castiel failed to kill him and was transformed into a toy figure, the demon that produced Jesse failed to bring him to Lucifer due to the Winchesters intervention.
- The Winchester brothers found out, that the Trickster was indeed the archangel Gabriel, he warned them that the apocalypse has long been foretold and they can't prevent it.
- Sam and Dean met Crowley for the first time, he gave them The Colt and bullets. On the mission to kill Lucifers, they lost Ellen and Jo, they were killed by hellhounds under Meg's control. Anyway the Colt failed to kill Lucifer and he continued to bind and rise Death using a ritual, that requiered all humans in an entire town as sacrifice. He made the prediction, that Sam will say "yes" to him during the next 6 months. Castiel refused to work for Lucifer.
- Optimistically, Anna Milton tried to prevent Lucifer's victory by intending to destroy his vessel, Sam, on an atomic level and spread these trillions of atoms all across the galaxy. As Castiel hindered her from doing so, she traveled back in time to kill Sam and Dean's parents before Mary Winchester gave birth to them. However, Castiel sent Sam and Dean back in time as well but Anna defeated them with the help of Uriel. Finally Michael appeared from the future, killed Anna by merely touching her, sent Uriel back to heaven, erased John and Mary's memories and sent Sam and Dean back to the present.
- Famine was defeated by Sam, however, he used his demonic abilities to achieve this. More and more desperate, Dean locked Sam into the panic room and and asked God for help
- On Lucifer's command, Death raised dead people, including Bobby's dead wife.
- Sam and Dean were killed by angry hunters and, on Castiel's bidding, hoped to find God in heaven in order to ask him for help only to found out, that God was unwilling to stop the apocalypse, as this is "not his problem". Dean lost all hope and Castiel lost faith in his father.
- The Whore of Babylon was killed by Dean Winchester, something only a true soldier of heaven could accomplish. This indicated that Dean was finally ready to be Michael's vessel.
- Dean sought a way to contact Zachariah but Sam and Castiel prevented him from doing so, meanwhile, Zachariah was setting up a trap for Dean, he ordered that their half brother Adam must be resurected. While Zachariah was able to lure Dean into his trap, he was killed by Dean Winchester, who no longer wanted to be Michael's vessel. Michael finally used Adam as his vessel, as Dean escaped again.
- The pegan deitis discussed the apocalypse and intended to kill Sam and Dean, because they are the vessel of Michael and Lucifer. Lucifer appeared and killed all the pegan deitis except for Kali, who was rescued by Lucifer's younger brother Gabriel. Gabriel was killed by Lucifer, however he recorded an important message for Sam and Dean on a video tape, giving them finally the necessary information how to stop the apocalypse.
- Crowley helped the Winchesters to gain one of the horsemen's ring.
- Lucifer wanted to mass infect humanity with the croaton virus. However, Sam, Castiel and Bobby were able to prevent this with the help of Crowley. Meanwhile, Dean met Death for the first time. Death gave him his ring and explained how to use them. Death decided to spare Chicago from destruction since he likes the pizza there.
- Intending to trick Lucifer, demon blood empowered Sam invited Lucifer finally to use him as his vessel. Despite Sam's efforts, Lucifer quickly gained full control of Sam's body. Lucifer and Michael were ready for the battle of armageddon, but through the intervention of Dean, Bobby and Castiel, Sam overpowered Lucifer mentally, reopened the cage and dragged himself, Adam and the two celestial beings into the abyss. God resurrected Castiel for all his efforts and promoted him to a seraph.
- Lucifer started to torture Sam.
- Confident of his new powers, Castiel pulled Sam out the cage, however he was unable to free Sam's soul from the cage.
- Dean Winchester abandoned his former life as hunter and settled with Lisa Braeden.
- Soulless Sam started to hunt.
- Castiel met the Host of Heaven.
- Raphael informed Castiel, the he expects Castiel to reopen the cage to free Lucifer and Michael in order to restart the apocalypse. As Castiel refused he beat him up.
- Crowley managed to become the new King of Hell, however, his position was not that stable as other demons seek to overthrow him. He made some reforms in hell, changing hell's appearance significantly.
- Castiel intended to ask Dean for help, however Crowley appeared to Castiel and brought him a deal, the deal being that they find and torture monsters for the location to purgatory, so they can use the monster souls for power and split them 50/50. Crowley needed them to keep his position as the king of hell and castiel needed them to fight Raphael and his angel followers.
- Castiel gained 50000 souls from hell, this allowed him to start a war against Raphael. He banished Raphael temporarily and announced infront of many angels, that there will be no apocalypse again, therefore the civil war in heaven has begun.
- Castiel built his angel army while he secretly worked with Crowley in order to find purgatory.
- Soulless Sam met a group of hunters guided by his grandfather.
- Soulless Sam shot Robin during some hunt.
- A group of Djinn's took revenge on Dean, this forced soulless Sam to interfere, and therefore Sam and Dean met for the first time in a year. However, Dean didn't knew that Sam had no soul.
- Dean noticed that Sam is in some way different.
- Investigating a series of odd death's, they advised Castiel for help, who informed them there is a civil war in Heaven and that some of Heaven's weapon had been stolen, they must relocate them to stop further death's. During their investigations they located a young boy who sold his soul for one half of Moses staff and found out, that an angel called Balthazar is responsible for this. They found Balthazar, but unknown to them, Raphael followed them as well. In the further course of events Balthazar destroyed Raphael's vessel with one of God's weapons and released the boy's soul.
- Crowley was forced to return Bobby's soul.
- Dean made his first experiences, how it is to live as a monster, in that case a vampire. However, he managed to reverse the procedure and realized that he put his girlfriend and her son in great danger.
- With Castiel's help, Dean found out that Sam's soul is still in the cage.
- Soulless Sam's behavior became more and more dangerous for everyone.
- Crowley claimed that he could free Sam's soul from the cage, and convinced Sam and Dean to work for him.
- Sam and Dean met Meg again, she helped them to locate Crowley's secret torture and research facility. Crowley admitted that he can't free Sam's soul and his bones were burned by Castiel. Unknown to Sam and Dean, Castiel had faked Crowley's death as he still needed him to find purgatory.
- Seeing no other way out, Dean contacted Death to retrieve Sam's soul. Death demanded that Dean should experience how it is to be Death and asked him to put on his ring. He didn't manage to pass Death's test, anyway Death was satisfied that Dean now recognized some parts of the true nature of the universe. Death traveled to Hell, freed Sam's soul and put it back to his soulless body. In order to protect Sam from memories of the horrific Lucifer's horrific torture, he placed a wall in Sam's mind.
- Sam reawakened some time after Death had retrieved his soul but neither remembered what had happened in the cage nor what had happened during the last year.
- Eve escaped purgatory with the help of some monsters. She began to bring havoc upon the world.
- The wall in Sam's mind started to break.
- In order to deceive Raphael, Castiel and Balthazar sent Sam and Dean to an alternate universe. Through that, he was finally able to get all weapons of heaven. An angry Raphael was forced to flee since Castiel threatened to kill him.
- The civil war in heaven went on, in order to increase his power, Castiel stole thousands of souls by changing the past. However, Atropos threatened him to kill Sam and Dean for this. Since he couldn't always protect them, he was forced to reverse his act and ordered Balthazar to resink the Titanic.
- Sam, Dean and Bobby found a way to kill Eve and with some difficulties, help by Castiel and Samuel Colt, they finally obtained a weapon which can kill her.
- Eve experimented with humans to create a new and more powerful species of monsters, despite many failures, she was finally able to create a perfect new kind of monster, later called "Jefferson Starships".
- Sam, Dean, Castiel and Bobby finally had clues about Eve's whereabout. As they arrived, the city seemed to be perfectly normal, however, they didn't recognize that they were all Jefferson Starships. Eve blocked Castiels power and claimed that Crowley is still alive. She said that she is building up a monster army to defeat Crowley for torturing her children and intending to steal all souls in purgatory. Dean tricked her into biting him and therefore consuming phoenix ash, she died and Castiel killed the remaining Jefferson Starships in an burst of white light.
- Sam and Bobby started to become suspicious about Castiels true intentions.
- Sam, Dean and Bobby found out, that Castiel and Crowley cooperate in order to find purgatory. They caught Castiel in a circle of holy oil, confronted him with that and Castiel explained that all of his actions are necessary to stop Raphael from restarting the apocalypse. Furthermore, he confirmed that he pulled Sam out of hell but was unable to free Sam's soul as well. Merely convinced, Dean demanded that he should stop looking for the purgatory but Castiel refused. Crowley and an army of demons appeared and freed Castiel.
- Crowley kidnapped Dean's girlfriend and her son to distract Dean. He managed to free them with Balthazar's help and despite their conflict, Castiel erased Lisa's and her son's memories on Dean's demand.
- Castiel finally found out how to open a portal to purgatory, he teared down the wall in Sam's mind to ensure, that the Winchesters are distracted and don't come in his way.
- Sam was greatly influenced by his memories from hell, he fainted and Dean brought him into the panic room. There was an inner conflict inside Sam's mind.
- Castiel betrayed Crowley, he had no longer any intention to share the souls from purgatory with him.
- Crowley talked to Raphael and they made a new deal, he granted Crowley immunity to Castiels smiting touch.
- Crowley and Raphael returned to Castiel, forcing him to flee. However, he gave them a false component to ensure they won't be able to open the portal to purgatory, consequently their ritual failed.
- Castiel performed the ritual, he absorbed 30 - 40 millions of purgatory souls, this made him nigh-omnipotent.
- Dean and Bobby arrived, Castiel told them, that he tricked them all, he already performed the ritual. A shocked Crowles fled, Castiel hindered Raphael from fleeing and destroyed him with a snap of his fingers. Meanwhile, Sam who is greatly affected by his horrific memories arrives, stabbed Castiel with an angel sword, but it had no effect at all since Castiel was no longer an angel.
- Castiel declared himself as the new God.
- Castiel effortlessly kills countless angels who followed Raphael, destroys the Madison Square Garden, heals some people, punishes a hypocrite priest and makes Crowley a new deal.
- Sam suffers from his cage time memories.
- Castiel starts to become unstable.
- Sam, Dean and Bobby summon Death to kill Castiel, but he senses it and frees Death from the binding spell. He explains that Castiel's instability is based on the Leviathans, a race of ancient beasts and among God's first creations.
- Death warps reality by causing a lunar eclipse to reproduce the necessary conditions that allows the portal to purgatory to be opened again.
- Castiel, with the help of Bobby, Dean and Sam, returns the souls to Purgatory, regenerating his vessel. However, the Leviathans held on and gain control over him, killing him from the inside.
- The Leviathans leave Jimmy Novak after he began melting from their combined power and spread out to possess other humans, leaving only Castiel's trenchcoat, which is taken by Dean.
- God resurects Castiel, however Castiels doesn't remember his angelic identity. Some woman finds him and brings Castiel to her home.
- The leviathans start to posses humans, their leader Dick Roman demands complete secrecy.
- Dick Roman makes an agreement with the Alpha vampire, to share humans as resources between them.
- Sam suffers from his hell-time memories, the hallucination of Lucifer starts to play mind games with him. On Dick's orders, Edgar shows up and tries to kill Sam and Dean, however they manage to get rid of him for a while by dropping a car on him. Despite this, Sam and Dean are badly wounded and forced to call for help.
- The leviathans set up a system that observes computer network activity like credit fraud to identify their enemies, especially Sam and Dean.
- Dean wakes up in hospital with a broken leg, Sam, Dean and Bobby barely escapes Dr.Gaines.
- Edgar is informed that their credit fraud surveillance software identified Sam and Dean, he orders Chet to track them.
- Sam and Dean investigate a case involving a troubled couple of witches, Maggie and Don Stark. They are able to help them overcome their differences. Meanwhile Chet surprises them and attempts to kill them, however Don Stark arrives and uses a powerful spell to temporary immobilize him.
- Bobby researches for ways how to kill a leviathan, he experiments on the immobilized Chet. By an accident, he finds out that they are vulnerable to Borax. However the chemical substance can't kill them.
- In an attempt to cause trouble for Sam and Dean, Dick Roman decides to let 2 leviathans take their shape. The leviathan Dean and the leviathan Sam commit crimes like mass murder and capture it on video, this leads to many problems for the brother since they are hunted by the police in the whole USA.
- The brothers are able to stop their doppelgangers, however they are still searched all over the country.
- Crowley tries to befriend with Dick Roman and encourages that his leviathans should cooperate with demons. Dick Roman dismisses it and expresses his high hatred against demon, he claims that he would like wipe out all demons but has other business to do.
- Crowley ensures that Sam and Dean are not occupied with hunting demons.
- Sam, Dean and Bobby discover that the leviathans manipulate food the change the behavior of humans, Dean is affected as well, he is in some kind of dream like condition, merely realizes important things.
- The brothers and Bobby find out, that Dick Roman is the leader of the leviathans, furthermore they investigate his research facility. Bobby gets caught and Dick interrogates him, Sam and Dean come to rescue him, however as they leave the building, Dick shoots Bobby in the head.
- Bobby is killed by Dick Roman, but not before he passed on his message to Sam and Dean. He remains on Earth as a ghost.
- Sam and Dean continue to research for ways, how to kill Dick Roman and what and what he intends to do, the paranoid Frank assists them.
- The influence of Lucifer's hallucination on Sam's mind grows stronger, however Lucifer's hallucination helps Sam to solve a case.
- Chronos warns Dean, that soon the Leviathan will be everywhere.
- As Sam begins to succumb to the hallucination of Lucifer, Castiel, under the name of Emanuel, is found by Dean. Dean travels to the hospital with Castiel, encountering Meg along the way.
- Castiel kills the demons outside the hospital, restoring his memories. He also kills a demon torturing Sam and tries to rebuild the broken wall but fails. In one last attempt to save Sam and redeem himself, he takes on Sam's mental condition, saving Sam, at the cost of his sanity.
- Dean kills the Leviathan Chief who possessed Dick Roman and he alongside Castiel are transported to Purgatory with Dick's soul. Crowley and his demon army destroy the remaining Leviathans and he seizes the prophet Kevin Tran. Dean later escapes from Purgatory with the assistance of a vampire named Benny. Benny asks Dean to save his soul and resurrect him, to which Dean eventually agrees. Castiel is presumed to have died in Purgatory but then an angel named Naomi summons Castiel to Heaven and announces that she and numerous other high-ranking angels saved him. Castiel is doubtful about whether to trust Naomi but agrees to keep in contact with her and his superiors from time to time. Kevin Tran has escaped from Crowley and translated the Demon Tablet, giving the Winchester the ability to close the Gates of Hell forever. if they complete the Trials of God.
- With Meg's assistance the Winchesters retrieve the Angel Tablet from Lucifer's Crypts, but Castiel goes AWOL with the Tablet after defying Naomi's orders. Crowley recaptures Kevin, and Naomi eventually gets her hands on Castiel again. Metatron is discovered hiding out on Earth, and he rescues Kevin. He manipulates the Winchesters and Castiel, kills Naomi, and banishes every angel from Heaven, with the now fallen angels falling to Earth.
- Angels are warring on Earth. Bartholomew sends angels after Castiel to kill him.
- Malachi captures Castiel and tortures him for info on Metatron. Castiel escapes by fooling Theo and steals his grace, restoring his angelic abilities.
- Sam gets possessed by Gadreel, but he expels him and saves himself from eternal possession.
- Dean gets the Mark of Cain.
- Dean kills Abaddon.
- Sam tries to save Dean.
- Metatron announces his hegemonistic plans.
- Dean tracks down Metatron.
- Metatron overpowers, fights and kills Dean.
- Castel imprisons Metatron and turns angels against Metatron after he learns Dean is dead.
- Crowley orders Dean to awake.
- Dean becomes a demon.
- Crowley and Dean live a life together, trying to convert Hell. However Dean wants to kill people of his own accord. He fights Sam, who eventually binds him. Sam cures Dean with Castiel's help and Dean is now human again, but still suffering the Mark's effects.
- Rowena betrays Crowley by leaving him to apparently die at the hands of a brainwashed Castiel. Dean learns through Death that there was a primordial being named the Darkness which would eat the world if released and by destroying his Mark he would release the Darkness. However, Dean knows killing Death is the only way to free himself from the Mark, so he kills Death by stabbing his scythe into him. Death crumbles into ash, and all seems safe as the Mark fades from Dean, rendering him fully human again. However, not all is well - With no one to fight it, the Darkness triumphantly bursts out of its cell and forms a gigantic dark cloud of evil, engulfing everything in its path - including the Winchesters...
- It is now three years into the Apocalypse which had inadvertently been started by Sam when he accidentally released Lucifer. By now Earth is a wreck, humanity is almost extinct, and many millions of humans are infected with the Croatoan Virus. Those uninfected, including a human Castiel, remain isolated and in hiding. Dean is flung into this future by the angel Zachariah so Dean can witness what happens when he refuses to allow the Archangel Michael to use him to defeat Lucifer. As a result, Dean is tormented when he witnesses his future self being murdered - By none other than Lucifer, who has possessed Dean's own brother Sam.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 The Great Escapist
- ↑ Hammer of the Gods
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 The Man Who Would Be King
- ↑ On The Head Of A Pin
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 As Time Goes By
- ↑ Changing Channels
- ↑ A Very Supernatural Christmas
- ↑ Remember the Titans
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Point of No Return
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 Abandon All Hope...
- ↑ The Third Man
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Sacrifice
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 14.3 14.4 14.5 14.6 Dark Side of the Moon
- ↑ Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean Winchester
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Heartache
- ↑ The Curious Case of Dean Winchester
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 Let It Bleed
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 Shut Up, Dr. Phil
- ↑ Malleus Maleficarum
- ↑ Live Free or Twihard
- ↑ Croatoan
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 23.2 23.3 23.4 23.5 23.6 Clip Show
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 Weekend At Bobby's
- ↑ Swap Meat
- ↑ Dead Man's Blood
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 Frontierland
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 28.2 Hook Man
- ↑ 29.0 29.1 First Born
- ↑ Southern Comfort
- ↑ Criss Angel Is A Douchebag
- ↑ My Heart Will Go On
- ↑ Goodbye Stranger
- ↑ 34.0 34.1 34.2 Good God, Y'all
- ↑ Hollywood Babylon
- ↑ Wishful Thinking
- ↑ 37.0 37.1 Heaven and Hell
- ↑ Everybody Hates Hitler
- ↑ Time After Time
- ↑ What Is And What Should Never Be
- ↑ 41.0 41.1 The Song Remains the Same
- ↑ 42.0 42.1 42.2 42.3 42.4 In The Beginning
- ↑ Dead In The Water
- ↑ Citizen Fang
- ↑ 45.0 45.1 45.2 Swan Song
- ↑ Route 666
- ↑ My Bloody Valentine
- ↑ 48.0 48.1 Lucifer Rising
- ↑ 49.0 49.1 The Benders
- ↑ 50.0 50.1 Blood Brother
- ↑ 51.0 51.1 51.2 Pilot
- ↑ 52.0 52.1 Time Is On My Side
- ↑ Wendigo
- ↑ 54.0 54.1 54.2 Jump the Shark
- ↑ Roadkill
- ↑ Bad Boys
- ↑ 57.0 57.1 After School Special
- ↑ Bad Day at Black Rock
- ↑ The Girl Next Door
- ↑ 60.0 60.1 The Kids Are Alright
- ↑ 61.0 61.1 The Devil You Know
- ↑ The End