|“||Dude, I have no idea what to make this movie about. And I'm, like – I'm A/V Club President, so, you know, it's got to be good.||”|
Brian was a film student whose roommate and best friend, Michael, was dating Kate, a girl for whom Brian also had feelings. Brian was an insecure, lonely, self-pitying, frustrated, lovesick young man who wanted more out of life.
After Michael was bitten by a werewolf and subsequently began developing his werewolf abilities, Brian began to envy him, having hidden behind Mike for so long. Brian tried to convince Mike to bite him, but he refused, warning Brian that a werewolf's life was a curse, not a gift, and that he could do more with his life without his werewolf abilities.
The two's relationship began to steadily decrease, with Brian originally filming Mike, and upon learning he had killed Scott Parker, began antagonizing him on it and calling him a monster. Eventually, Mike threw Brian across the room in a rage which finally destroyed their friendship. Eventually Brian managed to track down the original werewolf, a college professor named Ludensky. Using a silver knife and threatening to expose him, he blackmailed him into turning Brian into a werewolf. He then tipped off Sam and Dean Winchester that the professor was the werewolf which led to the professor's death by their hands.
Upon returning to Mike and Kate as a werewolf, the three got into an argument, resulting in a fight between him and Mike. During the fight, Brian managed to stab Mike with his silver knife killing him. He turned to Kate, and thinking she would understand if she saw things the same way he did, bit her and turned her into a werewolf. Kate pretended to join Brian before ambushing him and using her new powers to tear him to shreds, thus killing him.
Two years after Brian's death, Sam and Dean encounter Kate who defends her actions in killing Brian as he'd gone insane. Kate later shows them that she keeps a silver knife on her to ensure that if she ever becomes like Brian, she can kill herself.
When Brian started out, he was a highly-intelligent but insecure young man who only had one friend in the form of Michael Wheeler who kept him safe. After meeting Kate, Brian fell in love with her as did Michael and Brian grew jealous and frustrated with the fact that Kate loved Michael and never noticed him beyond being a friend. Brian was shown to care deeply about Michael as well despite their differences, both before and after Michael became a werewolf.
Following Michael's transformation into a werewolf, Brian grew envious of Michael's new abilities and became more and more mentally unstable as a result in his determination to become stronger and to be the man he believed Kate needed. Brian also grew more distant from his two friends due to his suspicions of Michael and his growing obsession with what was happening to him. After identifying Professor Ludensky as a werewolf, Brian was willing to go as far blackmail to get what he wanted and then to set Ludensky up to protect Michael. Despite their growing differences following Michael's transformation, Brian was shown to still care for his friend, setting Ludensky up to protect him and pointedly telling Ludensky that he would miss Michael if something happened to him after Ludensky said that nobody would care if Michael was gone from the world.
Ultimately, getting the power of a werewolf pushed Brian over the edge into complete insanity due to the feeling of empowerment the power of a werewolf gave him. In his insane state, Brian lost his care about Michael to the point that he remorselessly killed him and his obsession with Kate grew to the point that he believed that once she felt the power that he had, she would agree with his view of things and love him back. Two years after Brian's death, Kate used Brian's insanity as a defense to the Winchesters for killing him, saying that she had no choice after he went insane. Kate also seemed to believe that Brian's insanity stemmed from his transformation into a werewolf as she said she carried a silver knife to kill herself with in case she lost her mind like Brian.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Electronics Knowledge - As a human, Brian possessed a great deal of knowledge of electronics, particularly camera equipment. Brian was also capable of hacking the security system of a diner and tracking his friends cell phone GPS with ease.
After being transformed, Brian possessed all the powers of a werewolf.
- Shapeshifting - As a werewolf, Brian had the ability to shift between human and wolf form. As a pureblood, he could do this at any time. Brian also displayed the ability to summon just his claws to demonstrate his new transformation to Michael and Kate.
- Infectious bite - Brian possessed the ability to turn others into werewolves through his bite.
- Claws and Fangs - Werewolves have powerful claws and are able to cut through solid walls. Their fangs can tear human flesh and can rip out a human heart right out of their chest cavity. Pureblood werewolves are able to transform just their claws without transforming fully.
- Superhuman Strength - As a werewolf, Brian had strength greater than that of a normal human. While a physically weak human, Brian was able to go hand-to-hand with Michael Wheeler who was much stronger than Brian even as a human. However, Brian appeared to be somewhat weaker than Michael in their fight, possibly due to Michael's physical strength as a human compared to Brian's lack of strength as one.
- Enhanced Agility - Werewolves' agility is greater than humans, often allowing them to perform incredible jumps and sprints easily.
- Super speed - As a werewolf, Brian could move extremely fast. At one point, he was able to cross the room in moments and suddenly appear in front of Kate before she could react.
- Super stamina - Werewolves do not tire easily. Brian was able to fight Michael to the death, suddenly appear in front of Kate and turn her into a werewolf without showing signs of exhaustion.
- Super Senses - All werewolves are able to see better than humans in darkness, similar to actual wolves, their sense of smell and hearing is equally enhanced.
- Invulnerability - Werewolves can't be killed by conventional means and weapons. Silver however, can kill them.
- Regeneration - Werewolves can regenerate all non-lethal damage, purebloods are even able to completely heal their original bites.
- Silver - As a werewolf, Brian was vulnerable to silver and was hurt by it when Kate sliced him with a silver knife.
- Dismemberment - Kate killed Brian by ripping him to shreds.