|You think his friends just called him Yellow Eyes? He had a name.|
This article is about a canonical individual whose real name is unknown, and is known only by a conjectural title, nickname or alias.
This unnamed witch was a borrower, that is, a witch who acquired her powers by making a deal with a demon.
Background[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
At some point, this witch sold her soul in exchange for unimaginable feats of magic with a certain demon. A demonic signet ring was later given to her, which was imbued with magical power, enabling her to cast spells. The magic enabled her to live a very long life, but she eventually realized that her end is near. Fearing her soul will be condemned to Hell due to her pact, she later wanted to pass her deal to an "impressive" younger witch.
In 2017, she started her killing spree, with the intention collecting their hearts to amass a "family", created by Twig and Twine dolls, which she desired. Her acts caused Tasha Banes to hunt her down, but she managed to kill Tasha after the latter refused to become her deal inheritor.
Season 12[edit | edit source]
In Twigs & Twine & Tasha Banes, Alicia Banes, fearing her mother is missing after one week of lost contact, managed to search for her, something that annoyed her brother, Max Banes, since he believed their mother is okay. Alicia later tries to contact Mary, but Mary left her cell phone at Men of Letters bunker, and Sam picked it up. Sam and Dean later meet with the twins in Rock River.
At a hotel, they encounter Tasha. Tasha is well, however, the Winchesters noticed something fishy after seeing the strange demeanor of Rick Walsh around the shelter. They manage to break into the shelter, only to find the real Tasha Banes, Andy, and Rich Walsh; all dead and their hearts cut out. Max later follows the Winchesters and discovers her mother's corpse. Furious, he later attacks the fake Tasha and casts a Revelation spell, revealing the true nature of false Tasha: a Twig and Twine doll.
Sensing Max's spell, the Borrower witch commands fake Andy and fake Rick to attack the group. While Max was able to fling fake Rick out the window, fake Andy is able to blockade Sam and Alicia from following, and easily overpowers Sam. Alicia rescues Sam, but gets stabbed by fake Tasha. Alicia soon dies from the wound.
Max and Dean are able to break into the witch's room. The witch compliments Max on his powers and offers to allow him and his mother to live as one "big happy family" if he takes on her powers. She shows Max and Dean what had happened to the real Tasha. Before Max can take the ring, Dean breaks free of the witch's hold and shoots her in the chest with a witch-killing bullet, killing her.
The witch's death causes all three of her dolls to revert into twigs. Max, distraught by the death of Alicia, decides to use the late witch's magic to recreate his sister as a twig doll.
Powers and Abilities[edit | edit source]
As a borrower, this witch gained vast knowledge and power.
- Spellcasting - Using power she gained from a magical ring, this witch could cast spells simply by snapping her fingers.
- Conjuration - Her ultimate feat was creating a very realistic Twigs and Twine clone which matched her victim's DNA, blood, flesh and memories, and would do whatever she commanded.
- Immunity - As a witch, she was immune to lower-power magic. She was able to withstand Max Banes' telekinesis.
- Telekinesis - She impaled Tasha with a knife using this power. She also pinned Dean to a chair. However, Dean was able to break free from her hold enough to shoot her while she was distracted, though he visible struggled against her hold.
- Memory Manipulation - She was able to implant visions of her killing Tasha Banes into Dean and Max's minds.
- Biokinesis - With just a gesture, she was able to render Dean unable to speak.
- Invulnerability - As a witch, she was immune to conventional methods of death, however, like all witches, she was vulnerable to the witch-killing bullets.
- Immortality - The witch mentions having lived a very long life. However, she was not totally immune to death and developed an unknown condition that was causing her to die when she sought out someone to take up her power so she wouldn't go to Hell.
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- Witch-killing bullets - As a witch, she was vulnerable to bullets imbued with the witch-killing spell.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Magic Signet Ring (formerly) - A magical object that she got from a demon, through a deal, to be able to cast spells of magnificent feats.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Actress Linda Darlow also portrayed Ezra Moore in the season 7 episode Time After Time.
- She is the eighth witch directly killed by one of the Winchester brothers, following Don Harding, Spencer Wallis, Katja, Sonja, Gideon Loughlin, Catriona Loughlin and Boyd Loughlin.
- She is Dean's seventh witch kill.