Sometime when Bobby had a weekend off, he built a panic room in case of emergency. This room is ghost, demon and, more recently, angel proof. It was first seen in Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean Winchester, when Sam, Dean and Bobby are under attack by spirits. It is assumed to be destroyed since Bobby's house was burned down in Hello Cruel World by the Leviathans.
This room has only one entrance, with a solid iron door, soaked in salt, that locks from the outside. The door has an opening in it so you can look inside. On the floor of the room, there is one large devil's trap. There's another devil's trap located in front of the door and above, on the vent. The walls of the room itself are pure Iron, soaked with salt and later decorated with angel repelling sigils.
Inside the room there is a bookcase, desk, chair and a bed, including a weapons arsenal. There is a poster of Bo Derek on the wall. This room was essentially built to survive, protect or contain any threats that come.
- To protect Sam, Dean and Bobby from the spirits. (Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean Winchester)
- To protect Anna when demons are after her. (Heaven and Hell)
- To lock Sam up so he can detox the demon blood (The Rapture and When the Levee Breaks)
- To lock up Sam again for detox (My Bloody Valentine)
- To lock Dean up when he tries to say "Yes" to Michael (Point of No Return)
- To protect Sam while waiting for Sam to wake up after getting his soul back. (Like A Virgin)
- To protect Sam from further attacks after Castiel breaks down Sam's wall. (The Man Who Knew Too Much)
- Ruby called the room "racist" towards demons.
- Throughout its appearances, Sam has used it most, though mostly against his will.