Baron Samedi was one of the Pagan Deities who met at the Elysian Fields Hotel to try to work out a way to stop the Apocalypse. He was then killed by Lucifer. Baron was the Haitian loa (god-spirit) of the dead.
History[edit | edit source]
He was at the Elysian Fields Hotel, along with at least eight other deities from different cultures to talk about the Apocalypse and how to avert it, appearing as a well-dressed African-American male.
When Lucifer showed up in the hotel, Baron and other deities tried to fight him, but were subsequently slaughtered. Baron appeared to survive the longest, even aiming a punch at Lucifer before the latter caught his fist and ripped him to pieces off-screen.
Powers and Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Super Strength - Being a deity, he would have had superhuman strength. He was unafraid when going against Lucifer, a being that he knew was very strong, suggesting that he believed himself to be stronger than the latter and certainly stronger than humans. This arrogance, however, led to his death.
- Immortality - As a pagan deity, he did not age and could potentially live forever.
- Invulnerability - As a pagan deity, he could not be killed by conventional methods, but he could be killed by higher beings.
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- His name, translated from the French, means Baron Saturday.
- Contrary to popular belief, Voodoo is a monotheistic religion, only worshiping one deity named Bondye. Baron Samedi is a Loa, a race of spirits originally created by Bondye to serve him, not dissimilar to God and his Angels.