|You think his friends just called him Yellow Eyes? He had a name.|
This article is about a canonical individual whose real name is unknown, and is known only by a conjectural title, nickname or alias.
When John Winchester summoned Azazel to make a deal to save his son Dean's life, Azazel possessed this man who was a janitor at the hospital where Dean was in a coma. Azazel brought with him two demons to ensure John didn't use the Colt to kill him, but John instead made a deal: his soul, his life and the Colt for Dean's life. Azazel briefly left the man to possess the Reaper Tessa to save Dean, but later returned to him.
Azazel continues to possess this man as he appears to Jake Talley in a dream and then in real life to give him the Colt. He later uses his body to battle Dean to the death and is pulled from it by the spirit of John Winchester. By this point, the man may or may not be dead as he is left at least unconscious by Azazel's departure. After overpowering John, Azazel returns to his body and is promptly shot in the heart by Dean, killing him. The man's body falls to the ground and the yellow disappears from his eyes as Azazel is killed. His body is last seen on the ground with smoke coming from the bullet hole when Dean tells Azazel "that was for our mom, you son of a bitch."
When Dean gets poisoned by a djinn, he hallucinates seeing Azazel in this man's body.
- Season 2
- Season 6
- Exile on Main Street (Dean's hallucination)
- He is the first vessel worn for more than a short while.
- According to a member of the crew, Fredric Lehne was intended to appear only once, however, his portrayal was well-received, leading to further appearances.
- Of the three deceased Princes of Hell vessels, only this man's body remained intact after the death of the Prince possessing him. Ramiel's vessel exploded into dust with Ramiel and Dagon's vessel was burned to ashes when Dagon was killed.Asmodeus and his vessel were burned alive by Gabriel
- In My Time of Dying, Azazel's vessel name can be seen on a name tag on his shirt.