With the help of a resistance member that was secretly a mole for the angels, these five angels set a trap for Arthur Ketch and Charlie Bradbury. Posing as a kill squad out to execute a resistance member, the angels used their mole to leak the false information to Charlie and Arthur. As the lead angel "condemned" one of their group posing as the prisoner to death, Charlie and Arthur confronted them with guns loaded with angel-killing bullets. As Charlie went to help the "prisoner," he suddenly drew an angel blade and held it to her throat. The lead angel demanded that Arthur drop his gun and surrender which he reluctantly did.
Taking the two to an abandoned Gas-n-Sip, the lead angel tortured Arthur and Charlie as the other three angels kept watch. Though the angel tortured Arthur extensively, he refused to break and instead taunted him. The angel told Arthur that he called for an expert in torture and as the expert arrived, the angel assured Arthur that "no talking will be required." As Castiel arrived, the other angels let him in and the lead angel greeted him before returning to beating Arthur.
As Castiel began torturing Charlie, the other four angels stood guard until the power suddenly went out. Realizing that something was wrong, the lead angel ordered his men to secure the area. One went outside to find one of the other angels dead on the ground before being attacked by Jack who knocked him to the ground with telekinesis and killed him. As Castiel fled, Dean, Sam and Mary Winchester entered and engaged the three angels in a fight. Dean quickly killed the lead angel with an angel blade to the abdomen while Mary and Sam overpowered the other two angels and killed them with angel blades of their own. Though Castiel tried to flee as the other angels were taken down, he was confronted by the Main Universe Castiel and was killed by his counterpart.
Powers and Abilities
They appeared to be regular angels with the abilities of ones.
- Angelic Possession - Like all angels, they required vessels to walk the Earth and their permission to do so.
- Immortality - As angels, they would never age or die unless killed.
- Invulnerability - As angels, they were invulnerable to most forms of harm.
They possessed all the weaknesses of regular angels.
- Archangels - They were subservient to and weaker than the archangel Michael.
- Nephilim - One was effortlessly taken down by the Nephilim Jack.
- Angel Blades - They could be killed with an angel blade.
- The angel Sam killed was the second angel he ever killed while the one Mary killed is her first known angel kill. While Dean killed several angels alongside Arthur Ketch, the lead angel is the third angel he ever killed on his own and with an angel blade.
- The method of death for the angel discovered on the ground outside is unknown and it is also unknown how Jack ultimately killed the angel that encountered him and he knocked to the ground with telekinesis.