Powers and AbilitiesEdit
As warriors of God and agents of Fate, Angels are powerful beings in the supernatural world, possessing a wide range of abilities that vary from Angel to Angel depending on the class of the Angel. Angels get their power from their grace and wings. Their grace supplies them with a certain amount of enochian magic and the condition of wings affect their overall strength and abilities.
Common powers granted to all angels with varying levels of effectiveness.
- Angelic Possession - Similar to demons, angels require a vessel while on Earth. However, they must have the vessel's permission before they can take control. Gadreel states that even once they are possessed, the vessel can expel the angel at any one but this presumably does not apply for all angels. Angels can only continue to possess humans of a specific bloodline otherwise their vessels will be unable to contain the angel and explode. This goes even more so for archangels as any vessel they possess that is not their true vessel will begin to deteriorate.
- Astral Projection - Angels can project shadowy forms of their wings onto surfaces at will. If one is killed by Angel Blades, its wings are burned onto the surface on which they died.
- Dream Walking - Angels can appear in people's dreams, they usually use this to communicate, when they can't find the person they're looking for, or want to talk privately. Lucifer was able to talk to his future vessels in their dreams.
- Electromagnetic Interference - Angels can manipulate electrical appliances. Castiel caused a dozen car alarms to stop by raising his hand.
- Flight - When angels are disembodied on Earth, they can fly anywhere they desire, usually in the form of bright smoke or pure light.
- Immortality - Angels do not age and cannot be killed by any ailment or mortal damage. Some angels have existed since the beginning of time.
- Invulnerability - To date, the only things capable of killing angels are Angel Blades, Holy Fire, a stronger angel, Death, God, Amara, and Leviathans. Archangels have even fewer weaknesses, as Michael wasn't killed by Holy Fire, and they can only be killed conventionally by Archangel Blades, as an Angel Blade was unable to kill one. It has been stated that Death's Scythe can kill angels.
- Localization - Angels can localize any human who is not protected by enochian sigils.
- Limited Cosmic Awareness - All angels have a certain degree of knowledge and awareness of the universe. They have knowledge of demons, other angels, symbols, spells, artifacts, prophets, nephilim and more. They also generally have awareness of the level of power a being has.
- Multilingualism - Due to their age, angels are proficient in most, if not all, languages ever spoken on earth. Castiel proven to be proficient in Latin and Ancient Canaanite, both dead languages, and Alternate Michael succeeded to quote a verse from the Koran in perfect Arabic.
- Protective Charm - An angel can protect an individual from most forms of physical damage. This degree of protection is linked to an angel's power. Castiel was able to prevent his vessel Jimmy Novak from burning his hand in a pot of boiling water as a sign of faith. Raphael was capable of making Crowley immune to Castiel's smiting.
- Pyrokinesis - Castiel displays the ability to burn through ropes holding him, even before he becomes a Seraph.
- Regeneration - If an angel's vessel is damaged, it will repair itself nearly instantly unless the wound was caused by angelic weaponry.
- Reality Warping - Angels are powerful enough to bend reality to their will. The more powerful the angel, the greater their capability. Even angels cut off from Heaven possess this power to some extent, as Castiel was able to carve the Enochian Sigil into Sam and Dean's ribs simply by touching their chests. As a regular angel, Castiel was able to remove the existence of a door to prevent Dean from escaping the "beautiful room". Other examples include when Zachariah broke and repaired Sam's legs by pointing at them, removing a persons lungs with no incisions or Castiel assembling a board game by shaking the box. Archangels possess this power to the greatest extent, being able to conjure items and beings out of nothing. The most notable example is Gabriel, who lived on Earth by masquerading as a trickster named Loki.
- Sedation - Angels are able to render humans unconscious with a touch.
- Smiting - Perhaps an angel's most versatile and terrifying weapon, smiting (sometimes known as the Killing Touch) allows the angel to kill almost any demon, monster and even humans with a touch. Smiting is often exhibited when angels place their hands or palms on their adversaries' face, forehead, or mouth.
- Super Stamina - Angels never tire, and they do not require food, water, oxygen, or sleep to sustain themselves.
- Super Strength - Once possessing a vessel, angels use their power to dramatically increase the physical strength threshold of their hosts. Their strength varies from angel to angel, depending on their position within the celestial hierarchy; lesser angels (cherubs, rit zien and common angels) are still considerably powerful and are able to destroy most monsters and regular to mid-level demons, while seraphim, mid-level angels, can destroy all monsters and middle to high-level demons and virtually all lesser angels. Archangels are the most powerful class of angel of all, and one of the most powerful beings in Creation overall. As such, they easily outclass most other supernatural beings with God, Death, Jack and Amara being their only confirmed superiors.
- Super Senses - All angels enhance their vessels' senses to a superhuman level. Angels possess an acute sense of smell. This sense of smell is heightened to the point where they can identify people by smelling their body, bone or by their blood. Angels can also identify people by sniffing their genes and hormones as well. Because angels operate on a different plane of existence, they can see atoms and ions which are impossible for humans to see. Angels can hear a humans conversations miles away from them, and they are somehow able to locate any human on the planet and find them, but they can't locate people if they are protected by an Enochian charm or symbol. They also have an amazing sense of taste and are able to taste every molecule in a piece of food.
- Supernatural Perception - Angels are able to see almost all supernatural activity around them. Castiel could even see Reapers, which remain invisible except to those they are seeking. They can also see demons and Hellhounds. They can also sense any location, being, or object not protected by Enochian Symbols. This perception also extends to electromagnetic waves, and can decipher radio modulation signals, as Castiel described himself as a "multidimensional wavelength of celestial intent" in his true form and can thus perceive such energies.
- Telekinesis - Angels are able to telekinetically move beings and objects with their mind. They are able to use this power in a more aggressive manner like demons, but are often not depicted as doing so.
- Telepathy - Angels can read the minds of other angels if they have the permission of the angel. Higher angels such as Seraphs and Archangels can also read humans minds.
- Terrakinesis - Hael was able to carve the Grand Canyon with her powers.
- Temporal Awareness - Angels are capable of becoming aware whenever any alteration occur within the time-stream, allowing them to discern alternate timelines and the like. With this, angels like Castiel and a younger Uriel have identified other time-travelers in this manner.
- Voice Mimicry - Angels can perfectly mimic the voice of mortals.
- Lie Detection - Angels can sense whether or not a human is lying to them if they so wish.
- Spell Casting - Angels can cast spells.
Enhanced Powers - Accessed through connection to HeavenEdit
To lower-level angels, certain powers are granted and maintained as long as they stay connected and loyal to Heaven and its rulers. Should they rebel and fall, those powers will wane and eventually vanish in time, and after that all of their powers will eventually vanish, rendering them mortal. However, higher-level angels such as Seraphim, Grigori, the Scribe of God and archangels do not suffer from this condition.
- Enhanced Chronokinesis - Using the power of Heaven, angels are able to enhance their ability to travel through the time if they own the ability.
- Healing - Angels can cause the wounds, diseases, and toxins of another being to heal instantaneously.
- Resurrection - Angels can bring the dead back to life. However, they must know where all the pieces of the original body are, and they must have the soul of the subject. The only known exception was when Castiel went to Lucifer's cage and only was able to raise Sam's body. His soul remained in the cage for over a year after. Castiel mentions that angels had to lay siege to Hell in order to retrieve Dean. However, if the soul is in Heaven, they apparently don't need to physically retrieve it as Castiel was able to resurrect Bobby Singer without retrieving his soul and Gadreel was able to do the same with Charlie Bradbury. Similar to the Human Body Restoration Ritual, angels can restore human bodies that have been destroyed. This was shown in Point of No Return when Zachariah resurrected Adam Milligan after Sam and Dean burned his remains.
- Smiting - Angels are able to destroy low to mid-level demons with a simple touch, however the demon has to be in a host body, as this doesn't work on their smoke form. However, they can grip a demon's smoke form and force it back into a host body to smite the demon. They can also use it to kill monsters and humans.
Abilities more commonly used by higher classes of angels such as the Seraphim, the Grigori and the archangels, although it is possible that these powers can also be used by low level angels. Mid-Tier powers are generally defined by powers that regular angels can access through heaven, where as angels with mid-tier powers do not need a connection to maintain that ability.
- Advanced Astral Projection - Higher angels astral form is more intense than lower angels.
- Advanced Biokinesis - Seraphs can stop people from turning into monsters. Higher-level angels, such as Grigori Tamiel was able to render a man blind with just a touch.
- Advanced Chronokinesis – Higher angels can travel through time and are also able to transport people through time and bring them back without need an external source to power them.
- Clairsentience - Zachariah from an alternate reality was able to track a Nephilim when it used it's powers. The fallen angel Anna was to detect that Sam has been drinking demon blood.
- Advanced Dream Walking – The seraph Castiel was able to enter Fred Jones' dream and took Sam with him.
- Advanced Healing - While normal angels possess the ability to heal through their connection to Heaven, Seraphim up possess the power of their own-not needing aforementioned connection.
- Advanced Holy White Light - A particularly lethal power, some angels can unleash a highly concentrated blast of pure energy from their palms to destroy targets. The level of destruction can be controlled. Castiel was able to destroy a door when he was just a regular angel due to using Adina's grace. It is unknown that regular angels can use this power to smite supernatural beings unlike a seraph.
- Advanced Pyrokinesis - Powerful angels can generate and manipulate fire. Michael was proficient enough to kill another angel, Anna, by setting her ablaze from within. Interestingly, this didn't simply destroy the vessel, it also killed the angel, suggesting the fire had a supernatural element to it.
- Advanced Resurrection - Castiel as a Seraph was able to bring people back without needing connection to Heaven. The archangels also posses this. Following the Fall of the Angels, stronger angels still retain this power, though except for the archangels, it is not nearly as easy for them. Gadreel managed to resurrect Sam Winchester and Charlie Bradbury soon after the Fall, though each time, it weakened him. Lucifer was able to resurrect Sam and Maggie without much effort, but Castiel was only able to resurrect Jack for a short period of time and couldn't heal the condition that killed him in the first place. While resurrecting Jack, Castiel had to travel into Heaven itself to find Jack's soul in order to send him back into his body.
- Advanced Smiting - Higher angels are able to smite beings with less effort and stronger than common angels. When higher angels, fell from the grace, they don't lose their ability to smite.
- Advanced Telepathy – By touching Rowena's forehead and concentrating, Castiel was able to see her memories.
- Hypnotism - As a seraph, Castiel was able to hypnotize a Secret Service agent by placing his hand on the man's forehead and giving him a command.
- Invisibility - Seraphs and Cherubs can become invisible to humans.
- Memory Manipulation - Powerful angels are able to erase, restore, alter, and fabricate memories in the minds of humans. Castiel was able to use this power to implant his memories of God's various betrayals into Michael's head despite his powers failing and the strength of the archangel.
- Soul Reading/Channeling - Angels are able to physically interact with and read a human's soul by literally placing their hands inside a person's chest. However, the process is an painful experience for the human and could leave a person with physical and mental damage. They can also use the soul as a source of energy, but the pain is even greater for the human, and there is the risk of an explosion if the angel is not careful.
- Power Negation - Powerful angels such as seraphs are capable of removing psychic powers from human beings permanently. However, the process is very painful and can leave the person mentally damaged.
- Vessel Locking - Powerful angels can hold a demon in smoke form as if it was tangible and force the demon to return to its vessel. This was demonstrated by Castiel on Ellsworth.
Extremely powerful abilities, used only by Heaven's most powerful denizens, the archangels, but Metatron also shares a few of these powers.
- Advanced Terrakinesis - Archangels are able to create severe quakes.
- Conversion - Lucifer created the race of demons by twisting humans souls. It is unknown if other archangels have the capability to do so.
- Cosmic Awareness - All archangels and Metatron have a superhuman knowledge of the universe.
- Electrokinesis - Raphael could produce powerful arcs of electricity that appeared from his back.
- Energy Blasts - Archangels are capable of conjuring and weaponising powerful blueish energy in the form of blasts, as shown when Lucifer attacked the Alternate Michael with a single blue energy blast, which knocked him off his feet but did no damage. Michael then used the same attack with much more power, quickly overwhelming and severely weakening Lucifer.
- Highly Advanced Chronokinesis - Archangels have the most advanced powers over time. Gabriel is able to put someone through a time loop for as long as he wants. Michael was able to effortlessly send two humans back to their time with a single touch. Lucifer was able to transport someone into the past even when other angels had lost their powers. Even while warding was keeping Lucifer from entering the location himself, he was still able to get the person there.
- Highly Advanced Holy White Light - Archangels can blast nearly anything into oblivion with their white light. They can also control this power from completely obliterating something to only severely damaging it.
- Highly Advanced Reality Warping - Like some Angels and Seraphs, Archangels can alter reality, albeit to a greater degree. This ability is better demonstrated by the archangel Gabriel, who can create anything he wants out of thin air and can even put people in a TV universe.
- Conjuration - Gabriel is able create things out of thin air.
- Immunity - Michael has displayed a limited immunity to holy fire as it only hurts him rather than being fatal. Lucifer has displayed immunity to the Colt, however it did cause him temporary pain. He could also only be temporarily contained by a combination of warding and holy fire.
- Mental Manipulation - Metatron was able to implant Castiel's mind of every book, movie and TV show he had encountered with a touch when he was connected to Angel Tablet.
- Molecular Combustion - Archangels are able to render beings, including lower angels, down to their component molecules, causing them to explode. Both Raphael and Lucifer have displayed this power as did Castiel while powered by the souls of Purgatory. Lucifer regularly used this to kill offending angels and demons.
- Power Augmentation - Lucifer's presence on Earth greatly enhanced the powers of Jesse Turner.
- Power Granting - Raphael was able to make Crowley immune from angelic smiting of a seraph. Gabriel was able to grant the beautiful women he created for Dean super strength. While Dean acted as his vessel but remained in control of himself, the Alternate Michael was able to grant Dean his abilities to fight and kill Lucifer. In addition, he granted Dean the ability to wield the archangel blade to kill Lucifer, a weapon that normally could only be used to kill an archangel in the hands of another archangel. While talking with Castiel, Lucifer mentioned giving the Princes of Hell their powers when he first created them and thus being confused by the source of the powers Asmodeus had that Lucifer didn't give him.
- Precognition - Lucifer and Michael are able to see a glimpse of the future.
- Shapeshifting - Lucifer was able to take multiple forms while not in a vessel, and while in vessel, Gabriel could also do this. When the angels fell in Season 9, they took the form of their grace. Gadreel was able to appear as Dean in Sam's head.
- Thermokinesis - Lucifer demonstrated the ability to freeze a pane of glass with his breath. His presence can cause an entire town to drop in temperature. Michael could do the opposite and caused a door handle to heat up intensely. Lucifer later showed the ability to heat up the Supernatural Handcuffs to the point that they melted.
- Weather Manipulation - Raphael was able to generate storms that caused blackouts over the entire Eastern Seaboard. Lucifer unleashed incredibly fierce winds with his release and also causes thunder when summoned.
- Exorcism - Lucifer at least was capable of exorcising demons and sending them back to Hell with just a snap of his fingers.
- Portal Creation - Through the use of spells, Raphael, Lucifer and the Apocalypse World Michael could open portals and rifts to alternate universes. With just a snap of his fingers, the Main Universe Michael could open a twelve-hour rift to Purgatory while Raphael needed the help of a spell uncovered by Crowley and Castiel as part of their own plans.
When angels act together, they are capable of feats not normally achievable by individuals.
- Capture - Angels disabled and abducted Alastair, who was powerful enough to overpower regular angels in an individual fight, after the demon's failed attempt to kill Reapers to break a seal.
- Combined Smiting - The angels of Heaven are able to combine their powers into an extremely powerful focused smite. This was shown when all the angel in Heaven smited Amara in a single unified blow and believed that not even she could survive an attack of such magnitude. Despite the attack proving not to be fatal to her, it did seem to somewhat weaken her and she did need magical assistance, from Rowena, to help her recover. Also, a result of the smiting caused Dean to become ill from smiting sickness, if he entered the area the smiting took place. The angels performed this attack again on Amara in God's war against her.
- Angel Barrier Removal - A group of six angels were able to combine their power to perform a ritual to heat up and melt the angel warding on a ship. Though this took time and effort and they only came close to breaking through the warding before they were killed.
- Matchmaking - Certain types of angels in the Cherub class, e.g. Cupids, use a special sigil called a Cupid's Bow to bring couples together. Couples touched by a cupid have their hearts marked with an enochian sigil.
- Empathy - Angels in the Rit Zien class can sense another beings emotions and experiences related to pain.
- Unique Smiting - The Rit Zien have a unique method of smiting their victims by vaporizing them completely.
- Apporting - Angels were able to apport humans and monsters when they had wings.
- Teleportation - Angels are able to travel from one place to another, instantly, without occupying the space in between. However, they require their wings to teleport. They can also summon or send other beings. After the Fall, angels lost the ability to teleport. However, the archangels and Grigori are still able to teleport.
- Chronokinesis - Angels can travel through time, in either direction. They can also take others with them, and just send others without going themselves. However, this is a very difficult ability to master with or without Heaven's assistance. More powerful angels such as Seraphim or Archangels are able to manipulate time with less effort, even when cut off from Heaven. Unfortunately after the Fall, angels lose their ability to travel through time. However, Lucifer is still able to use this power as he still had intact wings.
WeaknessesEditWhen at full power, Angels are supremely powerful entities and have few weaknesses compared to other supernatural beings such as demons or monsters. However, there are many means that can be used against angelic beings.
Harming, Misleading, Banishing and TrappingEdit
- Angelic Exorcism - There is an exorcism chant to expel angels from their human vessels and send them back to heaven. The Whore of Babylon also knew an enochian chant which causes angels severe pain.
- Angel banishing sigil - This sigil is capable of banishing angels, even an archangel.
- Angel Depowering Sigil - A sigil capable of depowering an angel. Archangels are significantly weakened though not fully depowered by this.
- Angel Depowering Spell - It is capable of depowering nearby angels if certain trail along with the sigils.
- Angel Imprisoning Sigil - It could temporarily imprison them. When imprisoned, they can lose their powers temporarily. The sigil also block any sound from inside of the warded room to be heard by any angels in outside of the room.
- Angel Proofing Sigil - It prevents an angel from entering a room, or listening sounds coming from inside.
- Angel trap - It's another way to trap angels besides Holy Fire.
- Angel Suppressing Sigil - It is used to give control of a vessel to the human the angel is inhabiting.
- Anti-Christ - A cambion, destined to be anti-christ, is said to be able to char the entire Host of Heaven, yet it is not tested. Only thing a cambion could do so far was turning a cutoff angel from heaven into a toy figure.
- Angel Ward - Angel wards are enochian-based symbols that prevent the entry of an angel from a certain location.
- Brain Penetration - One of Crowley's demons was able to block at least some of Samandriel's powers by placing large metal spikes into his brain. They can also break into the angel's "factory settings" through this method.
- Enochian sigil - When Enochian sigils are placed on human rib cages, they prevent any type of angel from detecting and finding them. They can also be used to prevent angels from entering a building, capable of weaken the angel and they can also prevent an angel from hearing a conversation of those in a warded room.
- Eve - A being older than the angels themselves, she can suppress their powers through her mere presence alone.
- Expelling Angels Spell - This spell banishes all angels from Heaven, causing them to fall from sky. The spell also burns the wings of angels and weakens them significantly.
- Grace Removal - An angel's grace is what supplies it with Enochian magic, and therefore if it is removed they will be rendered powerless and mortal. Grace can be removed by slitting their throat with an angel blade and drawing it out of their vessel and/or spirit. The grace can then be consumed by any angel or placed inside a vial.
- Hand of God - These items contain a portion of God's power and it can harm an archangel to a certain degree.
- Hexbag - Hexbags can used to prevent angels from detecting and finding someone.
- Holy Fire - Encased in a circle of flames created from Holy Oil, the angel is trapped. The trapped angel still can use some of their powers. Touching the flame will kill the vessel and the angel. However, it cannot kill Michael, being only able to banish him.
- Hordes of Demons - Masses of demons can immobilize angels rendering them unconscious, like when Crowley's minions demonstrated on Castiel's soldiers. Kipling's demons were also able to beat up and capture Castiel. (Castiel, however, himself stated that he was more embarrassed than hurt.)
- Hyperbolic pulse generator - It is capable of exorcising an angel, including an archangel, from their vessel.
- Lucifer's Cage - This cell can hold any angel without any internal means of escape.
- Magic - Castiel once stated that if the right spells were cast upon a book, reading it could potentially kill him. Rowena was able to restrain and curse Castiel. She was also able to paralyze Lucifer in a weakened state and banish him to the depths of the ocean.
- Enochian Brass Knuckles - These magical knuckles can weaken, hurt and prevent an angel to use their powers temporarily. However, the effect is lesser on archangels though it is still capable of hurting them.
- Mark of Cain - The Mark is capable of corrupting even Archangels, as seen with Lucifer.
- Vessel Expulsion - A vessel possesses the ability to expel the angel possessing them if they so choose depending on their strength of will and willingness to be possessed. However, Dean Winchester was unable to expel the Alternate Michael from his vessel suggesting that Archangels or at least Michael is immune to being expelled from their vessels if they no longer have their consent.
- Weapons of Heaven - Lot's Salt can dissolve an archangel's vessel, as it did to Raphael's. All of Heaven's weapons acting together can seriously wound, and might kill, Raphael.
- Weak Vessels - Having a weak vessel prevents an angel to use his full power.
- Very powerful Psychics - A Psychic was powerful enough to telekinetically defeat Sam Winchester and the Seraph Castiel at the same time.
- Naomi's drill - Naomi possessed a drill with which she could remove angels' memories and brainwash them. After being stabbed in the head with the drill, Naomi was believed to be dead but ultimately survived. However, the drill did significant damage, requiring years for Naomi to put her thoughts back together enough to be "mostly here."
- Sufficient Mechanical Trauma - A sufficient level of mechanical trauma is enough to somewhat effect angels. Miriam was briefly stunned after being smashed in the face with a fire extinguisher. Michael was also briefly knocked out, hitting his head on a rock after being tripped by Kaia Nieves, though Michael was completely off guard and all but recovered within a mere second.
- Vessel taking control- Sam took back control of his body and overpowered Lucifer before jumping in the cage. Similarly, he took back control to expel Gadreel. Castiel also took control of himself to stop Lucifer from killing Sam but admitted that he was giving his all to do it. With help from Castiel and Sam, Dean seized back control of himself after locking the Alternate Michael in his subconscious. Dean was able to keep Michael imprisoned for a significant amount of time, something that Castiel admitted took unimaginable strength. Michael only escaped after Dean was knocked unconscious and immediately sought out a new vessel rather than risk remaining in Dean.
- Angel Blades/Swords - Any angel with the exception of archangels can be killed by stabbing him or her with an angelic blade or sword in a vital area of their vessel.
- Angel-killing bullets - Bullets forged from melted-down angel blades are capable of killing all angels apart from archangels.
- Archangel Blades - An archangel blade can kill any angel, including an archangel. However, it must be wielded by another archangel to kill an archangel. On rare occasions, the archangel blade can be used to kill an archangel if the wielder is a vessel who is powered by an archangel from within even though the vessel retains control.
- Death's Scythe - This weapon is capable of killing angels.
- Energy Focusing Sigil - This spell can kill any angel directly in the path of the exploding angel, atomizing any angels nearby and killing anything else while blowing the whole area up.
- Falling - Falling from Heaven as a result of Metatron's spell can be fatal to angels with many dying of it.
- Higher Angels - Stronger angels can overpower a weaker Angel. Archangels are capable of easily killing ordinary angels with their own power. Rit Zien are able to smite wounded angels. A Grigori was able to beat a wingless angel in a fight. Later, Seraphim was able to kill two angels, despite being weakened from torture.
- Higher Demons - The higher ranking demons are able to fight, overpower, harm, and banish lower and regular level angels. It is open to debate if any demon can kill angels on his own abilities. Alastair shrugged off Castiel's attempts to smite him and severely beat him twice; Lilith, too, was said to have won battles against angels for the seals keeping Lucifer in the cage. The first Knight of Hell, Cain, easily negated Castiel's holy light and similarly defeated him with no problem, as did the Prince of Hell Ramiel. However, killing angels is a much rarer ability. Alastair conceded all he could do to Castiel (after beating him) was sending him back to heaven, and he also said that Lilith, too, did not now how to kill an angel. Ramiel easily beat Castiel, but to inflict the final blow, he employed the Lance of Michael, so it can't be said for sure that he had the power to kill angels on his own. Another of the Princes of Hell, Dagon, did kill several angels with her hands, but it is implied that she was borrowing powers from Lucifer. A third Prince of Hell capable of subduing angels, Asmodeus, was likewise stealing many of his powers from another archangel, Gabriel. However, it's possible that Cain was able to kill angels without resorting to special objects or borrowing someone else's powers; at least that is what is implied when he told Castiel he could end him, though Cain was not bearing any weapon known to work on angels at the moment.
- Lance of Michael - This weapon is capable of poisoning and killing angels of all classes, including archangels.
- Leviathans - Leviathans can negate powers of lower angels and easily kill them.
- The First Blade - The First Blade can kill angels.
- The Shadow - While in The Empty, it easily overpowered Castiel. When it attacked Heaven, The Shadow effortlessly defeated the remaining angels, and was able to possess Naomi and Duma against their will. It left one of the angels in comatose state and according to Naomi, Heaven would have fallen had nothing been done to stop it compelling her to attempt to give in to what it wanted.
- Souls - After consuming millions of souls Castiel became powerful enough to kill thousands of angels in Heaven.
- Powerful waves of energy - A powerful wave of energy released from the rift opened by Jack and Kaia Nieves was able to explode six nearby angels.
- Primordial Entities - The Darkness, God, and Death can kill any angel effortlessly.
- Insufficient number of angels in Heaven - Angels are bound to Heaven and serve as a power source for Heaven while in it. If there aren't a sufficient number of lower angels in Heaven (or an archangel) the angels that are in Heaven will burn out in an attempt to maintain it.
- Nephilim - The Nephilim Jane was shown to be stronger than Castiel and Metatron combined as she overpowered them with no visible effort, with them only winning the fight by taking her by surprise from behind.
- Jack Kline - The Nephilim Jack proved to be more than a match for any angel, as he had effortlessly killed countless of them in Apocalypse World with his extreme power. Even Archangels were powerless against him, as he caused severe agony to the alternate reality version of Michael, the most powerful Archangel in existence, with a mere gesture; leading Michael to have to expose his deal with Lucifer (as a means to distract Jack) in order to make the pain stop and forcibly compelled Lucifer into admitting the truth about murdering Jack's friend. Even in a weakened state, Jack effortlessly killed Michael using the power of Enochian magic. Angels are shown to know if their vulnerability to him as they attempted to prevent his birth out of fear that he would use his power for evil purposes and later, after his birth, when pursuing him, communicated with him via angel radio to cause him pain in an effort to keep him from overpowering them.
- Heart Removal and Consumption - Jack was able to kill several Grigori by removing and eating their hearts in order to become stronger under the orders of Billie.