The RMS Titanic set off from Southampton, England, on April 10th, 1912, with an estimated 2,224 passengers and crew aboard. Four days later, on its way to New York City, the Titanic struck an iceberg. The ship sank just under two hours in the North Atlantic Ocean, killing 1,500 people.
It became one of the deadliest commercial peacetime maritime disasters in modern history.
In an attempt to gather souls as fuel, the Seraphim Castiel ordered Balthazar to travel back in time and prevent the Titanic from sinking. His success led to the existence of many bloodlines and new humans.
Other events were also altered, leading to people who died of other causes to appear alive and even marry again, as in the case with Ellen Harvelle. Those unaffected by the change are Castiel and Balthazar, who are aware of what changes have transpired.
Before Castiel could collect the souls, Atropos responded to this major change in history by killing off the humans who were never meant to be born. She also targeted Sam and Dean Winchester, who were the heart of another reality-altering event. She threatened to kill them with the help of her sisters if Castiel did not re-sink the Titanic.
Castiel reluctantly obliged, and Balthazar restored history.
- Ellen and Jo Harvelle are alive.
- Ellen is married to Bobby Singer.
- Sam and Dean do not drive The Impala, as the model doesn't exist here. Instead, they drive a first generation Ford Mustang.
- The Titanic didn't sink and many people descended from the Titanic passengers are alive.
- Celine Dion is a destitute lounge singer in Quebec as she didn't do the movie Titanic.