The Alpha Werewolf is the very first werewolf and progenitor of all other of their species.
In All Dogs Go To Heaven, Crowley sends Sam and Dean Winchester on a hunt for the Alpha Werewolf. They track down a case involving an animal attack, but discover they are dealing with skinwalkers, a type of monster very similar to werewolves.
In Bitten, Sam and Dean find a journal that talks about the unique characteristics of the first four generations of pureblood werewolves, including the Alpha. This information enables them to track down Ludensky, a pureblood.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
As the Alpha werewolf, he/she was the most powerful and dangerous werewolf in existence.
- Shapeshifting - The Alpha had the ability to transform anytime he wanted, regardless of the lunar cycle. He/She is also conscious during transformation.
- Infectious bite - The Alpha could turn others into werewolves through a bite.
- Claws and Fangs - The Alpha likely had powerful claws and was able to cut through solid walls. The Alpha's fangs could tear human flesh and can rip out a human heart right out of their chest cavity. The Alpha could also transform just his claws without transforming fully.
- Superhuman Strength - The Alpha had strength greater than that of a normal human.
- Enhanced Agility - The Alpha possessed greater agility than humans.
- Super speed - The Alpha was capable of moving inhumanly fast.
- Super stamina - The Alpha likely did not tire easily.
- Super Senses - The Alpha was able to see better than humans in darkness, similar to actual wolves, the Alpha's sense of smell and hearing is equally enhanced.
- Invulnerability - The Alpha could not be killed by conventional means and weapons.
- Regeneration - The Alpha possessed the ability to completely heal himself.