The Alpha Werewolf is the very first werewolf and progenitor of all other of their species.
In All Dogs Go To Heaven, Crowley sends Sam and Dean Winchester on a hunt for the Alpha Werewolf. They track down a case involving an animal attack, but discover they are dealing with skinwalkers, a type of monster very similar to werewolves.
In Bitten, Sam and Dean find a journal that talks about the unique characteristics of the first four generations of pureblood werewolves, including the Alpha. This information enables them to track down Ludensky, a pureblood.
Powers and Abilities
As the Alpha werewolf, he/she was the most powerful and dangerous werewolf in existence.
- Shapeshifting - The Alpha had the ability to transform anytime he wanted, regardless of the lunar cycle. He/She is also conscious during transformation.
- Infectious bite - The Alpha could turn others into werewolves through a bite.
- Claws and Fangs - The Alpha likely had powerful claws and was able to cut through solid walls. The Alpha's fangs could tear human flesh and can rip out a human heart right out of their chest cavity. The Alpha could also transform just his claws without transforming fully.
- Superhuman Strength - The Alpha had strength greater than that of a normal human.
- Enhanced Agility - The Alpha possessed greater agility than humans.
- Super speed - The Alpha was capable of moving inhumanly fast.
- Super stamina - The Alpha likely did not tire easily.
- Super Senses - The Alpha was able to see better than humans in darkness, similar to actual wolves, the Alpha's sense of smell and hearing is equally enhanced.
- Invulnerability - The Alpha could not be killed by conventional means and weapons.
- Regeneration - The Alpha possessed the ability to completely heal himself.
- Immortality - It is obvious that The Alpha was able to live longer than all of its wolf relatives and could not die of disease or old age, since many thousands of years have passed since its creation and up to the modern era.